Alternatives to TE ducts and conduits?

TheDataMiner

Jul 29, 2019
There might already be a thread dedicated to this, but I haven't found it anywhere.

What are good alternatives are there to TE ducts and conduits?

Without them, I'm not sure how I'll progress through early game power, Extra Utils energy transfer nodes are just to expensive and I don't know if BC pipes work with other mods.

Can you help me out?
Thanks!

xKazlyn

Jul 29, 2019
You have a few options:

MFR rednet energy cables for power, Ender IO for all types of conduits and a very powerful conduit system in general, or you could always just charge up energy cells and drop them near machines.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
EnderIO conduits are VERY good (they were also very good in 1.6.4 btw). You can combine multiple in the same block and they have good capacity.

Reactions: VapourDrive

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have mekanizm? I think Meks cables are somewhat attainable. I think they use steel but Mek steel isn't that hard to make, it's just charcoal, and iron.
Then again the recipe seems to have changed some for a lot of Mekanism things.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO conduits are VERY good (they were also very good in 1.6.4 btw). You can combine multiple in the same block and they have good capacity.

my current choice of item/liquid/power transfer.
it's compact and very customizable

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Steves Factory Manager could be used for item and fluid transfer. You still need something for power.

I'm going to look into the rednet energy cables. I hadn't seen them before.

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
Extra Utilities also has its transfer nodes and pipes, which have the advantage of being able to transfer huge amounts of items/power very quickly if sufficiently upgraded. They also can convert power between almost any mod power system.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I made a list, I am sure there are more ways. I left out MJ as it will soon be gone.

Buildcraft:
  • Item: Transport Pipes
  • Fluid: Fluid Pipes
  • Power(RF): Kinesis Pipes
  • Redstone: Pipe wire/gates
EnderIO:
  • Item: Item Conduit
  • Fluid: Fluid Conduit
  • Power(RF): Energy Conduit
  • Redstone: Redstone Conduit
MFR:
  • Item: Conveyer Belt
  • Fluid: Plastic Pipe
  • Power(RF/EU): Rednet Energy Cable
  • Redstone: Rednet Cable
Mekanism:
  • Item: Logistical Transporter
  • Fluid: Mechanical Pipe
  • Power(RF/EU/J): Universal Cable
Tinkers Construct:
  • Fluid: faucet/casting channel
Railcraft:
  • Items: Chest Cart
  • Fluid: Tank Cart
  • Power(EU): MFE Cart
  • "Redstone": Detector rail
AE2:
  • Items: P2P Tunnel - Item
  • Fluid: P2P Tunnel - Fluid
  • Power(RF/EU): P2P Tunnel - RF/EU
  • Redstone: P2P Tunnel - Redstone
Vanilla:
  • Items: Hopper/Dropper/Chest Cart

Now if you just have vanilla and Thermal Expansion, you can still transport items/power/fluids around. This is because autonomous activators are just amazingly powerfull. Autonomous activators can use a crescent hammer in anny mode. Comparators can measure how much power is in a energy cell/Portable tank (Empty and/or full!). That redstone signal can then be used to wrench the cell/tank and pick it up with a hopper. Hoppers+droppers can then move to cell to where the fluid/power is needed and another autonomous activator can place it back down again. If needed another autonomous activator can set the input/output using a crescent hammer. To pick a fluid tank back up again you might have to use flowing water to push it of the machine, nothing to difficult though, right? :D

Last edited:

AdmiralKirov

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind that EnderIO also adds an ME conduit, the multiblock version integrable in an existing EnderIO build

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind that EnderIO also adds an ME conduit, the multiblock version integrable in an existing EnderIO build

This is (not yet?) a thing on 1.7.10. Because AE got reworked the cables need rework and they havent been re-added yet. EnderIO does have Mekanisms gas cables though. For extra compactness!

R

Raclex

I made a list, I am sure there are more ways. I left out MJ as it will soon be gone.

Buildcraft:
  • Item: Transport Pipes
  • Fluid: Fluid Pipes
  • Power(RF): Kinesis Pipes
  • Redstone: Pipe wire/gates
EnderIO:
  • Item: Item Conduit
  • Fluid: Fluid Conduit
  • Power(RF): Energy Conduit
  • Redstone: Redstone Conduit
MFR:
  • Item: Conveyer Belt
  • Fluid: Plastic Pipe
  • Power(RF/EU): Rednet Energy Cable
  • Redstone: Rednet Cable
Mekanism:
  • Item: Logistical Transporter
  • Fluid: Mechanical Pipe
  • Power(RF/EU/J): Universal Cable
Tinkers Construct:
  • Fluid: faucet/casting channel
Railcraft:
  • Items: Chest Cart
  • Fluid: Tank Cart
  • Power(EU): MFE Cart
  • "Redstone": Detector rail
AE2:
  • Items: P2P Tunnel - Item
  • Fluid: P2P Tunnel - Fluid
  • Power(RF/EU): P2P Tunnel - RF/EU
  • Redstone: P2P Tunnel - Redstone
Vanilla:
  • Items: Hopper/Dropper/Chest Cart

Now if you just have vanilla and Thermal Expansion, you can still transport items/power/fluids around. This is because autonomous activators are just amazingly powerfull. Autonomous activators can use a crescent hammer in anny mode. Comparators can measure how much power is in a energy cell/Portable tank (Empty and/or full!). That redstone signal can then be used to wrench the cell/tank and pick it up with a hopper. Hoppers+droppers can then move to cell to where the fluid/power is needed and another autonomous activator can place it back down again. If needed another autonomous activator can set the input/output using a crescent hammer. To pick a fluid tank back up again you might have to use flowing water to push it of the machine, nothing to difficult though, right? :D

I know this is a really old post, but this is the only place I've seen any information about plastic pipe. I'm curious if you know how to make it work. I've placed it down in the world, but nothing seems to flow through it. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Could you shed some light on this please? If it helps, I'm using version 2.8.0 MFR in the Blightfall modpack. I'm curious about its flow rate and stuff, to see if it would be more useful than TE Fluiducts. It is certainly cheaper, but currently nonfunctional and I can't find any help anywhere.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I not quite remember the specifics. Just that they wherent annything special at the time and needed a redstone signal. They also didnt seem to work on everything. Dont have MFR annymore, so sorry I cant be more precise.