Alternative to Tesseracts for 1.6.2?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
So since *Thermal Expansion is still unreleased for 1.6, are there any mods that can take place of some of it's functions? Namely, tesseracts. Liquiducts and conduits can be easily replaced with EnderIO, but using ender chests just seems kinda bulky. Maybe combined with translocators they're alright but still not preferred.

*I have no idea why I confuse factorization and TE in my head

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
So since factorization is still unreleased for 1.6, are there any mods that can take place of some of it's functions? Namely, tesseracts. Liquiducts and conduits can be easily replaced with EnderIO, but using ender chests just seems kinda bulky. Maybe combined with translocators they're alright but still not preferred.

Well for starters tesseracts are from Thermal Expansion. ;)
But to the question - ender chests may be your best bet. The only other option that I'm personally aware of are teleport pipes, but I'm not sure if there's a version for 1.6 that you could add in or not...

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, EnderIO has tesseracts called transceivers. If you want to transport items.....well, if you for some odd reason WEREN'T using Ender Chests (hint: they're 3x better) that's pretty much your only option now.

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, EnderIO has tesseracts called transceivers. If you want to transport items.....well, if you for some odd reason WEREN'T using Ender Chests (hint: they're 3x better) that's pretty much your only option now.
Getting items out of the chest is the problem. BC pipes are still shit.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
AE adds some sort of teleporter that can teleport liquids/redstone signal but of course it requires me cable to get there so not really an alternative to tesseract.
And I agree that BC could use a new pipe that extracts stacks from a chest at a time instead of single items.
Or maybe a new very expensive autarchic gate to put on woooden pipes(they can in theory extract stacks at a time when powered by a combustion engine, makes me think I never tried to connect conductive pipes to a wooden transport pipe, does it work?).

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
AE adds some sort of teleporter that can teleport liquids/redstone signal but of course it requires me cable to get there so not really an alternative to tesseract.
And I agree that BC could use a new pipe that extracts stacks from a chest at a time instead of single items.
Or maybe a new very expensive autarchic gate to put on woooden pipes(they can in theory extract stacks at a time when powered by a combustion engine, makes me think I never tried to connect conductive pipes to a wooden transport pipe, does it work?).

You can put an autarchic diamond AND\OR gate on and set all the options to Redstone Signal Off = Energy Pulser. Then it pulls a stack every pulse. The gate conditionals stack to make it extract faster.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
You can put an autarchic diamond AND\OR gate on and set all the options to Redstone Signal Off = Energy Pulser. Then it pulls a stack every pulse. The gate conditionals stack to make it extract faster.
You sir deserve a medal for telling me this, thank you :p.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, thaumcraft 3 has it too so we have:
For Items: Ender Chests/Thaumcraft mirrors
For Liquids: Ender Tanks
For Energy: Nothing as far as I know

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, thaumcraft 3 has it too so we have:
For Items: Ender Chests/Thaumcraft mirrors
For Liquids: Ender Tanks
For Energy: Nothing as far as I know

For Items: Ender Chests/Thaumcraft Mirrors/Trains through Mystcraft Portals
For Liquids: Ender Tanks/Ender IO's Dimensional Transceiver/Trains through Mystcraft Portals/OpenBlocks Tanks
For Energy: Ender IO's Dimensional Transceiver/transporting the solid/liquid fuel throught one of the above and generate power where needed

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I have to admit, I'm being intriged by the prospect of rail networks (granted, partially fuelled by the cpw line in the DW20 videos). First thought it would be an interesting concept, but, in my head, it was mainly with SC2 carts running around, I like the idea of the locomotives, but they do seem to make things more complicated.

I've been meaning to try a no-teleporting world (with the possible exception of IC2 teleporters), but it does mean a heavy startup delay before you can do anything particularly meaningful.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Using EnderIO and loving it. I got a quarry running in a mystcraft world being powered by a Dimensional Transceiver from Ender IO. I still use ender chests for item transport but man I love that I can send power across dimensions again. Thanks to Ender IO which is quickly taking over everything I loved about TE. The mod has really come along and the recent changes are awesome! The recipes make sense now and everything is really coming together. Fantastic mod. REALLY want Direwolf to do a spotlight soon.

bswt

Jul 29, 2019
my sorry for my extremely rude post it was my own error in testing the mods out

turns out that mekanism has really nasty bug but when use with the energy node from extra utilities or the other way around
if you want to to try make this bug happen
to do:
put a ultimate energy cubes on fore sides of a block, brake block, and put down a energy node in the middle of the energy cubes
if it worked your world is no more

retried enderio's dimensional transceiver it worked for some reason
was able to power about 4 quarrys at full power

im using ic2 to gen the power
mekanism to convert the power over to mj

Last edited:

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
Not entirely sure what the core theme of your post was or it's purpose. (Genuinely dont mean that in a rude way, just have no idea what you are saying) but I wouldn't worry now since OPs issues are alliviated with the 1.6 release of TE.