Alternative to MCMyAdmin?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Deor

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using MCMyAdmin for ages as my management tool and its been good, but I'm looking for something with less memory footprint.

All I need is to be able to schedule daily restarts, daily backups and regular world saves.

Any recommendations?

Sent from my Paranoid Android

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
u could check out: Spacebukkit
but i dont know how much memory it needs

DarkDestry

Jul 29, 2019
Deor, If you are looking for just restarts, backups and saves, then look under server wrappers. McMyadmin and Multicraft are mostly management tools for staff to have access to certain aspects of server management.

Deor

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the replies everyone. Ive been setting up Multicraft and having problems getting it to work, but it occurs to be that by the time ive installed a web server etc, its not going to save me a lot of ram over MCMyAdmin. Also seems overly complex for what i want to do.

DarkDestry, any recommendations?

VoidReality, Sorry i should have said shouldnt i, Its a linux server running Debian 6 64bit.

THUNDERGROOVE

Jul 29, 2019
If you're looking for a decent web interface to go along with everything SpaceBukkit. It's not too hard to setup as long as you have an okay idea of what you're doing with Apache (or any other program to host a website) and permissions(assuming you're on a Unix based machine). You will need to be using BukkitForge and RemoteToolKit but it has a nice, clean user interface and allows you to manage all of your plugins, edit configs, etc..

Also, I should note that the web interface for SpaceBukkit can be hosted on a different machine. I've ran it on a free hosting site in the past

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I run a server with 3 gigs of memory and there doesn't seem to be a noticeable memory footprint. It uses about a gig idle, but I have a couple people with several chunk loaders and large scale industrial operations. I can't believe hosts would sell packages that make RAM seem important or expensive when prices are currently and have been for a while, at an all time low.

Dox

Jul 29, 2019
I use McMyAdmin for 6 servers on my own managed hardware and the memory footprint is so minimal for the benefits. Like under 50mb per server.

mysticviperx

Jul 29, 2019
Its nice to see someone else that runs managed hardware, it seem like everyone is trying to nerf their servers just so they can run them on sub par setups.

Dox

Jul 29, 2019
Its nice to see someone else that runs managed hardware, it seem like everyone is trying to nerf their servers just so they can run them on sub par setups.
That has been going on since Alpha my friend. Oh god anyone remember "Hazenet"? I got sick of resellers reselling reseller VPS packages. Now I just run servers for my close knit community and friends. :)

Deor

Jul 29, 2019
Well maybe it was down to my understanding of how TOP displays memory use in linux, or some oddity of running in an OpenVZ environment, but it looked like it was using around 200Mb. Thats quite a lot when you are running on a 2Gb vps given what FTB will use!

However, ive decided ive outgrown a VPS and now have a nice I3 based dedicated server with 8gb of RAM and all is well :)
Thanks for the input all, much apriciated!