allow creation of personal modpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
essentially I want to be able to create my own modpack directly in the FTB launcher

in my mind I would select "create new pack" and be able to add mods to the fresh pack from a list of mods that were approved to be distributed through FTB by their authors (and maybe a version, dependency and compatibility check),

then I would like to be able to combine this into a file which I could then put online and point the launcher to it and get the full pack (plus perhaps customized configs) so other players can get the exact needed modpack to play on my server without fuss

I would also like to be able to add mods that weren't approved for this but that would just need to block me from publishing the full pack (only be able to publish the approved) and require the other players for my server to add the remaining mods to the pack manually like you can now

FunshineX

Jul 29, 2019
There's a section on the forums for 3rd party mod packs. These packs will show up in the launcher. However you have to get permissions from the developers for every mod in your pack currently. Slowpoke is working on getting general permissions for 3rd party packs for the mods in the base ftb pack.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
yeah I know that but I don't want to go through those hoops if I just want to create a quick new instance with the exact mods I want (with or without the authors' permission), or just want to test a combination of mods without the pollution of other mods before suggesting it on that forum

like another filter "personal" that just gets the local instances (and allow you to create a new one) but never goes online bypassing the need for permission for each mod,

hell the online server idea doesn't even need to be added as I won't use myself that but it'd be nice for server admins

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
My idea was similar and in my search I found this topic.

I would like to be able to configure personal packs inside the launcher. Not specifically packs to be released to the public.

keeperoflenneth

Jul 29, 2019
I would also use this feature. Was thinking about that now, so I do not have to come back and edit the FTB pack, i can use that to acquire the mods that go in it, then create a personal, local, non-distributed "collection", name it, add mods to it and run that in its own thing. This would vastly expand the functionality of the launcher as well, in my opinion.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah this would be a very nice feature. I was under the assumption that something similar was already planned before the pack was released, but I haven't heard anything about this kind of things since then.

keeperoflenneth

Jul 29, 2019
Just a followup here, Every other thread I've posted in about launcher features/bugs, you guys have squashed (bugs) or added (features) all of them. Just figured I would kind of bump this thread via a huge Thank you very much to the launcher devs. You guys have doubled its functionality since the beta release of it. Thank you for all the hard work and please do continue, your efforts are much appreciated.

krizmac

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to make a personal modpack with a launcher, use MultiMC. I think you are trying to apply something to the FTB launcher that it isn't intended for. After all, if you are using an entirely custom modpack, you don't need the FTB launcher anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.