Problem Allocating more memory to Direwolf20 1.10 Server

Bloody_Wicklow

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to add more memory to my Direwolf20 1.10 server. I'm changing the ram quantities in the settings.bat file. Is that the correct file for editing the memory allocations?

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
You should be editting the XMS and XMX numbers in whatever file you are using to call java, usually it's the same one you would hit to start up the server. Generally most modpacks come with a start.bat or start.sh but if your settings.bat file is the one starting java then yes the would be the correct file

Bloody_Wicklow

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply. yes that is what I have usually done, however for the ServerStart.bat see this code

java -server -Xms%MIN_RAM% -Xmx%MAX_RAM% -XX:permSize=%PERMGEN_SIZE% %JAVA_PARAMETERS% -jar %FORGEJAR% nogui

In the settings.bat file, there is this code...

set MIN_RAM=4096M
set MAX_RAM=8192M
set PERMGEN_SIZE=1024M
set JAVA_PARAMETERS=-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10

My thought was that the ServerStart.bat file is calling the settings.bat file for these values. However, changing them doesn't seem to affect the amount of memory java is using, when I look at my resource manager

A

Aclay16

Hi guys, I have this same issue, I don't suppose you tried
-Xms4G -Xmx8G -XX: ?