All my bee drones changed their species!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Monster pack, I have 42 alvearies running with 42 different types of bees making different stuff.

I got an upgrade (fastest production trait) off of a new bee I made (Aer bee), so I went to all the alvearies and closed off the apiarist pipes that automatically recycle my bees. Eventually, their cycle would end and they would get routed down the "Anything" path thru gold buildcraft pipe into a TE3 tesseract and end up in my base's AE system.

That all worked fine. Except... I am looking at my drones right now, and instead of one drone each of different type, I somehow now have 18 corroded drones, 9 rusty drones, 5 leaden, etc. in my AE system. Something converted most of the different species into these few species along their way back to base.

Is that bizarre or what? Oh well, nothing I can't fix with reapplying serum vials, but geez...

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I know where it happened. I forgot about something - with my setup, my alveary output goes to a row of Centrifuges, which processes all the combs into product before being sent back to base. I forgot that the drones were stuck in the centrifuges (which obviously can't process a drone so they just sat there clogging the machine).

Clearly, when the drones went by the Centrifuges, something must've gone wrong with the bee metadata and they stacked themselves regardless of the species. That shouldn't happen, but apparently it did. So I'd say this is a Forestry issue with Centrifuges? Could it be called a bug despite the obvious "user error" involved (meaning, you're not supposed to stick drones into centrifuges, dummy!)?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Reasons not to use non-AE transport infrastructure with bees #4826 and #4827 :)

Basic import bus, fuzzy export bus, on the alvearies. Import everything and export combs from AE storage to centrifuges. It allows the network to filter out your bees from your combs before anything gets sent to a machine.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Mal_bloke... you know, it's funny because I swear by AE for doing everything under the sun... except my bees. I came to the same conclusion as your advice - it's time to stop using buildcraft for bees and start using AE like I do for everything else. I think I could use an apiarist's pipe before the centrifuges to filter out princesses and drones... but it's time to make the big switch-over.

Another thing I've realized... using Factorization router to fill my alveary frames has been such a blessing... but it's time to get away from that method too. For one, Factorization is dying or dead and thus I need to learn another method for when it's finally not in these packs... and for two, I've learned that when I start up my server every day to play, the first thing I need to do is visit all my routers and set them to "tilebeealveary" or whatever... that's a hassle I've never needed, nor wanted. I understand I can just stick an export bus onto each frame block and use that to fill them? That's ugly and messy, but whatever. AE it is!

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
all your bees are belong to us

sorry...couldn't help it...I tried so hard to resist...

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
all your bees are belong to us

sorry...couldn't help it...I tried so hard to resist...

I LOL'ed, but mainly because I tried to make a funny joke in a thread here today and the OP nearly tried to bite my head off for it. LOL There's just no need at all to take life so seriously. :)

Reactions: Staxed

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
I know where it happened. I forgot about something - with my setup, my alveary output goes to a row of Centrifuges, which processes all the combs into product before being sent back to base. I forgot that the drones were stuck in the centrifuges (which obviously can't process a drone so they just sat there clogging the machine).

Clearly, when the drones went by the Centrifuges, something must've gone wrong with the bee metadata and they stacked themselves regardless of the species. That shouldn't happen, but apparently it did. So I'd say this is a Forestry issue with Centrifuges? Could it be called a bug despite the obvious "user error" involved (meaning, you're not supposed to stick drones into centrifuges, dummy!)?
That bug has been around for ages. When I have tried shift-clicking bees before out of a backpack into my inventory the species have merged as well.

captainfunk123

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking for a answer to this because I got edinic bees
Then somehow it turned into lead.. I got so pissed and I thought someone (admin or such) was pranking me then I
Looked it up and it's a bug... So note to everyone who reads this ~don't use bc pipes~
xD