Airborne Ho!

Shar Tegral

Aug 16, 2020
Since this is the place to introduce yourselves I will do so at this time.

My online avatar name is a joke I created when earlier incarnation of Neverwinter Nights had users hosting their own "persistent world" servers. At that time I got the chance to join Eve Online's Beta so I changed the avatar name into what you are seeing attached to my post, "Shar Tegral".

Over the decade I was there I was able to create various tragedies, dramas, and celebrations all under the name Shar Tegral. The name was how the local EO players knew me initially and it kind of stuck no matter how much deeper and heavier the friendship bonds became. Even after my TBI it helped spending virtual time with those friends, that helped my personality recover much of I was before the accident that took away much of me.

A key virtual activity within our group was EO originally though they are far to nice in my opinion. I would enjoy their company carebearing around with them, log out, log back in and be the terror that I can also be under my "alt" of combat reputation. After my accident that left me in a coma for a few weeks the group would visited me and once I woke up, came back home, they helped me relearn how to cognate using Minecraft. We all know before my accident how horrible we find Vanilla Minecraft and had learned to love F.T.B.'s involvement.

I have always used FTB. Disliked the partnership with Curse, like the Twitch partnership even less, but having no other access to FTB I endured it. Now that things are changing again, I am here on these forums saying Hi and showing what support to FTB I can.

In closing, I am a member of the V.F.W. (and all that entails) and an old Paratrooper as the topic heading suggests. I can only hope you all enjoy MC as much as I do. However I know without the efforts of FTB and all the modpack authors have truly given MC more life than it had prior to that day. Oh god, I remember the life of MC prior to network code being added. But that's the beauty of it all, it is delightfully shocking how much MC has transformed from the early days of Notch's fine work alone. And FTB has been a major key in my enjoyment during that time.

Callak

Aug 16, 2020
Hello Shar! Wow, you sound like quite a writer! I suppose I'm a borderline veteran myself to FTB. I was never interested in Minecraft at all until several years ago some friends invited me to join them. I missed that experience so I started running my own server. Found this forum on my search for what seems like a game mechanic problem that someone overlooked. Now, I'm waiting for someone to reply, but those seem rare in my first experience on the forum, so I looked over the new people that were just getting back into it, or are now for the first time joining, and here I am! Thought it only polite. If you don't mind my asking what happened in your accident? :/

Shar Tegral

Aug 16, 2020
Well, on the Veteran topic, I am a U.S. Army combat veteran and omfg I miss jumping from airplanes. I jokingly call my accident my 73rd jump. See the previous 72 jumps I landed feet first which is the first step to surviving a hit 25+ mph at the ground. With my accident, I was on a bicycle and got clipped. Caused me to slam face first into the ground at 30 mph. Mangled my forearms, broke my face, cracked my skull and I was allowed to awake many weeks later.

Thank you for the compliment given though. Yes, I am something of a writer. Not an educated or published one unless you consider internet forum activity "published". (I don't, mind you) However here are two links displaying what skill I have in that regard.

&

Sadly, I've noticed a lack of actual interaction here but I don't hold it against this community. Many of them just have lives competing with good gaming. Add forums and things can become a burden all around. Nice to meet you though.