Open Agricraft Weeds

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Agricraft Weeds

Pack Version 1.2.1

What is the bug? I don't know if it's Agricraft itself, or a configuration change, but if I compare the weed chance of happening with Agricraft in 1.7.10 and in 1.10.2 with Beyond 1.2.1 the weed percentage is too damn high

out of every 20 crossbreeds or so, 19 of them are weed, which makes Agricraft very slow and annoying to use, making it practically useless.

it also doesn't help that any crossbreed species you make are always 1/1/1/ which makes the whole process of breeding them with better stats even longer.

Mod & Version agricraft-2.0.0-0.7.0-a12

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes.

Known Fix Some configurations of Agricraft may be needed to be changed if the problem isn't a bug with agricraft.

C

CDArena

I suspect this is more of a request to adjust the configs than it is an actual bug.

Most of what you said is not new (as far as default configs go for Agricraft and IC2) - you could simply be used to playing some of the mod packs where the mod pack makers tweak the configs to make cross-breeding less tedious. The IC2 cross breeding mechanics can be found on the IC2 wiki; there is also an optimized guide for breeding on the forums at http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Board&boardID=64 under the Q&A thread and other sections.

For example - looking at the Basics Guide you see that IC2 plant grow best with Nutrients, Hydration, and Air Quality. I will give you one example of how to figure this stuff out. Looking at the Q&A thread will find two questions (spelling errors are not mine): "How (far) do plants chceck for air ?" and "Q: wjat is the air quality?" From this you can determine that packing plants close together hurts them - they grow best with as many of the 8 blocks around them empty, and with an empty column of air up above them up to y=255 ("Air Quality"). From a single word in one of the answers you can also see that the higher your farm is, the better it will grow.

Checking the configs, weeds are turned on, but set to the slowest growth rate. Using a Crop matron supplied with Weed-Ex should eliminate your weed problem. (Look up the Grin Powder recipe)

For Pam's crops you don't have to use cropsticks to get the seeds you want - you might be better off looking for Gardens (Frost, Shady Leafy, Soggy, Tropical Windy) which can be shift-click picked up and planted near your base - the garden will spread over time and you can harvest the extra gardens to get seeds (leave 1 of each so they can spread again). Pam's and vanilla Minecraft seeds can be planted in regular farms, where they are subject to Vanilla and other growth mechanics like Agricraft sprinklers, Botania flowers, etc.

Pam's Fruit trees can be gathered from exploring as well, and 3 matching fruit can be combined with vanilla saplings to create a custom fruit tree to make your own orchard.

And if all else fails, craft a Market Block. As FTB Beyond is currently configured, using the Agricraft/IC2 breeding mechanics is a play-style option.

CompassRose

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect this is more of a request to adjust the configs than it is an actual bug.

Most of what you said is not new (as far as default configs go for Agricraft and IC2) - you could simply be used to playing some of the mod packs where the mod pack makers tweak the configs to make cross-breeding less tedious. The IC2 cross breeding mechanics can be found on the IC2 wiki; there is also an optimized guide for breeding on the forums at http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Board&boardID=64 under the Q&A thread and other sections.

Out of curiosity, is it even possible to get the IC2 crop seeds in this pack the way it's configured? I can't craft the IC2 cropsticks anymore, and it doesn't seem like the old IC2 starter crops work with agricraft's cropsticks.