Agricraft and forestry

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SuperMR

Jul 29, 2019
im trying to create a pack with some old gen mods (yes i know agricraft is not really one of them but i likr it's consept of farming) and i want to know if these to mods will work together (will i be able to farm agricraft and harvestcraft seeds in forestry multifarm) and i want some suggestion for mods to add.
meanwhile i have:
agricraft
buildcraft
buildcraft additions
carpenter's blocks
chisel 2
forestry
harvestcraft
railcraft.

this modpack will be for personal use and its my first modpack. if you have suggestion about config changes and this stuff pls write them to.
(sorry for bad english)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
agricraft
buildcraft
buildcraft additions
carpenter's blocks
chisel 2
forestry
harvestcraft
railcraft.
if this is your whole modpack it looks like you don't have a good way to transport liquids as buildcraft fuildpipes are kind of really slow, probably too slow to transport steam meaning that you would need to attach your steam engines directly to the boiler if you decide that you want to power your base with steam.

You could probably "fix" this with pressure pipes. I haven't used it that much yet but it looks pretty nice and liquids are transported instantly over the pipes.

SuperMR

Jul 29, 2019
if this is your whole modpack it looks like you don't have a good way to transport liquids as buildcraft fuildpipes are kind of really slow, probably too slow to transport steam meaning that you would need to attach your steam engines directly to the boiler if you decide that you want to power your base with steam.

You could probably "fix" this with pressure pipes. I haven't used it that much yet but it looks pretty nice and liquids are transported instantly over the pipes.
i try to keep it oldschool because this are some mods i didnt use in a long long time and they used to be one of the main mods in the community. for me they represent simpler times in minecraft modding... better times...

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
i try to keep it oldschool because this are some mods i didnt use in a long long time and they used to be one of the main mods in the community. for me they represent simpler times in minecraft modding... better times...
In that case why don't you have industrial craft?

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013

Too slow for steam? The steam was designed to work with BC pipes and you can easily use gold pipes with two emerald inputs to feed 80 mB/t - there were some speed issues in early BC 6.4 but we fixed those.

SuperMR

Jul 29, 2019
Too slow for steam? The steam was designed to work with BC pipes and you can easily use gold pipes with two emerald inputs to feed 80 mB/t - there were some speed issues in early BC 6.4 but we fixed those.
i cant pump steam into railcraft engines using buildcraft pipes
any idea why?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Check into Binnie's Mods I'm not 100% certain but I think it adds the pipe. But you should probably add extra trees and extra bees anyway since you are after that old school mod pack.

LuigiHutch

Jul 29, 2019
i cant find this buildcraft thingy on the curse launcher

It's not on the curse launcher at the moment. You have download it from the BC website itself.

It can be used on the curse launcher for a public pack as it is listed under the 3rd party mods though :)