Agrarian Skies Starter Map

Zaakath

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all, sorry if this is a known issue, but I can't find anything on it here.

I have been trying to re-start AS, as has a friend; and the launcher loads the pack and whatnot, but does not have the initial starting maps (any of them); and when I attempt to place the map into the saves area it still won't load.

New maps always drop my to my death, and even making it creative I then have nowhere to start.

Can someone perhaps, give me a location to place the map I'm missing, or suggestions to get this started like I want (the beginning)?

Thanks all!
Z

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Hey all, sorry if this is a known issue, but I can't find anything on it here.

I have been trying to re-start AS, as has a friend; and the launcher loads the pack and whatnot, but does not have the initial starting maps (any of them); and when I attempt to place the map into the saves area it still won't load.

New maps always drop my to my death, and even making it creative I then have nowhere to start.

Can someone perhaps, give me a location to place the map I'm missing, or suggestions to get this started like I want (the beginning)?

Thanks all!
Z
Instead of asking questions on what you did, I'm going to detail what you should be doing. I'm using home sweet home for the ones using pre-build map.

You should get the maps from http://minecraft.curseforge.com/worlds/77137-agrarian-skies-home-sweet-home-b

For Singleplayer:
-Unzip the .zip file into the instance's saves folder. There should now be a folder named 'home' inside of the saves folder. At this point, starting up the instance should load the map and allow you to play.

For Multiplayer:
-Download the server from the FTB launcher. The button should be next to the version dropdown.
-Unzip that into an empty folder We'll call this folder 'ASserver' for simplicity.
-Unzip map into the ASserver folder. There should now be a folder there called 'home'.
-rename folder to 'save'
-start server.

For if you decide screw it I'll just make my own map:
-Start a new world in singleplayer. Make sure you're in creative and cheats are enabled.
-Cheat in an angel block. You can right-click that and it'll spawn in the air where you clicked.
-use that block as a starting point to build off of. All a map really needs is a tree and a block of dirt.

Zaakath

Jul 29, 2019
Thank mate; it was the saves file issue, not sure why I didn't think about that.

M

maximt1

@goreae iknow you posted that message a long time ago, but i've tried it and with me it doenst work anymore, i cant get an multiplayer server running with the good map, only void and falling to death (sorry for bad english)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
@goreae iknow you posted that message a long time ago, but i've tried it and with me it doenst work anymore, i cant get an multiplayer server running with the good map, only void and falling to death (sorry for bad english)
Your english is actually a lot better than most online. Which is usually the case when someone apologises for bad english.

But now on to your problem. In the server's folder, are there two folders containing a world? If so then the name of the proper world folder is wrong. Can you give me a screenshot of the inside of the server's folder? For clarity, that'd be the one with the server's launcher in it.

M

maximt1

@goreae actually it works now. I dont know why and i dont know how, but i've copied the world from my singleplayer to the server, in the first place that didnt work either, but after a second try it worked.