Age of Engineering notes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
fun so far...
1) are there chickens or eggs? or only from a high end bee that doesn't come until mid game?

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
As far as I know, only bees. If you want you can manually install chickens, but that would probably break the packs progression

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So. I made the mining age, and live there. I've put a bed just outside the portal in the overworld (after discovering the mining world and beds works about as well as the Nether and beds....) I only pop back to make trades with the nearby village, get sand, and tree related stuff.

Eternal day? No mobs on the surface? Yes please!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
So. I made the mining age, and live there. I've put a bed just outside the portal in the overworld (after discovering the mining world and beds works about as well as the Nether and beds....) I only pop back to make trades with the nearby village, get sand, and tree related stuff.

That does look nice! :) They've enabled the day/night cycle for Beyond, so its no longer as safe a place to be. The only up side is that its all stone and no dirt on top!

I'm seriously considering doing Age of Engineering on a friend's server if he likes the sound of it - I'll be keeping an eye on threads like this, as they're really useful info for that sort of stuff!

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013

beds explode? esh...

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I hated that expert thing and greg tech... This grind just to grind is annoying, but I haven't stopped yet... I need an embarrassing amount of slag to make immers steel, but I can atleast use the embarrassing amount of steel to make a tool forge. I can't tell you how much I need that TiC hammer. no feathers meant infinity enchant became absolute key. All the different variables I go through in normal gameplay are happening all at the same pace, which is very nice, but I'm not even out of the Industrial phase yet. Also, so many mods and packs have been setup with the accidental problem of "now that you have set up a solution to a problem, you don't even need the solution anymore. (example: In order to get a for 3 pick in TiC, you have to mine an embarressing amount of lapis, but by that time you have mined everything else to death that you probably don't need the For 3 ability, any mod solar cells that are infinitely more difficult to make from the energy producers you had originally, AE2 to which at a certain point of it's introduction which is endgame, doesn't actually matter anymore). Then magic mods with tools and gear less useful than the vanilla equivalents.

The modpacker here, imo, has not made me feel this way yet.

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Part of his success, is that he's making you criss-cross mods. You're not digging into eight hour sessions of Forestry. You go two or three hours to make the machine, but you're using components from other mods, and while some of the stuff takes time or lots of juice, you're doing something while it's charging up to do things. You're not just sitting and twiddling your thumbs, waiting on things to happen. It keeps you active, without being pointless activity. You're actually doing something to advance, not just doing it because it has to be done. (Which I know is not making sense.)

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I found it helpful to setup one of the small 10 x 10 (40 doors) iron golem farms once I got to the part where I would be "waiting" for steel and slag to be produced. The need for iron will not go away for a long time.

Also be sure to check the threads in the Community showcase and 3rd party mod pack sections, as well as the pack creator's discord server.