After Updating Mac OS, FTB: Infinity/Technic launcher randomly crashes after ~ 10 min.

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

betalpha1451

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
After Updating Mac OS, FTB: Infinity/Technic launcher randomly crashes after ~ 10 min.
Launcher Version:
Technic Launcher 4.338, Minecraft 1.7.10
Modpack:
FTB: Infinity Latest
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
First, I want to say I am pretty sure the problem is with the new Mac OS, and java. The reason I say this is two fold. 1) No crash logs are created when the game crashes in Minecraft and 2) It crashes all the way out of the technic launcher to the desktop and an Apple crash log pops up, detailing (in a confusing manner to me...) what went wrong, and java seems to be the issue.

I have tried downgrading java back to what it was before I upgraded my OS, and it still is crashing randomly. I am now using java 8.60. Does anyone have any advice/help for me, as it prevents me from playing for more than 10 minutes before I have to reload the game.

Thanks

Firebats

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Launcher Version:
Technic Launcher 4.338, Minecraft 1.7.10
Modpack:
FTB: Infinity Latest
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
First, I want to say I am pretty sure the problem is with the new Mac OS, and java. The reason I say this is two fold. 1) No crash logs are created when the game crashes in Minecraft and 2) It crashes all the way out of the technic launcher to the desktop and an Apple crash log pops up, detailing (in a confusing manner to me...) what went wrong, and java seems to be the issue.

I have tried downgrading java back to what it was before I upgraded my OS, and it still is crashing randomly. I am now using java 8.60. Does anyone have any advice/help for me, as it prevents me from playing for more than 10 minutes before I have to reload the game.

Thanks
I'm not really familiar with Macs anymore but in your logs it looks like you're getting a lot of Logistics pipes errors. Have you tried disabling that in either a new world or duplicating your world and seeing if you can play without crashing without it running? The latest Java version has caused some big issues with Infinity to the point i've had to downgrade to 1.11.2 also. I'd try the Logistic Pipes trick 1st and see if that helps. I was getting that crash a lot recently.