AE2 power issues, random drops

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, playing IE: Skyblock expert mode, moved over to AE2 for storage and some autocrafting however after placing a fair few export and import buses and inscribers I seem to be getting randomly stops on my imports, exports and inscribers however I have a dense energy cell directly attached to the controller that has not dropped from max energy, chunks unloading isn't the issue either as it's a skyblock I am standing next to it at all times. I am thinking that when lots of buses are importing and exporting it starts dropping on power, but why is this? I thought there was no limit to power being transferred?

when staring at an inscriber it seems to get the items, stay at 0% for ages, randomly got to 100% but not export the item, waits for ages, then takes the item out, waits for ages, then inserts the next item.
2017-02-11_22.04.28.png

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Been a while since I played with AE2, but I believe power draw is per operation, so when a Bus has increased activity it draws more power. Try placing the energy cell closer to the setup experiencing issues and see how that impacts things. If nothing else, it should give a more in-depth look at power draw in that area.

Of course, count all your channels again. I'm not saying it's the reason, but when in doubt, ask if it's plugged in.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Try removing the import busses and pipe it out of the inscriber into an interface

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Been a while since I played with AE2, but I believe power draw is per operation, so when a Bus has increased activity it draws more power. Try placing the energy cell closer to the setup experiencing issues and see how that impacts things. If nothing else, it should give a more in-depth look at power draw in that area.

Of course, count all your channels again. I'm not saying it's the reason, but when in doubt, ask if it's plugged in.

if it was a channel problem then only early ones would work fine and late ones not at all, they are all doing this.

placed an energy cell right next to the inscriber, instantly maxes the power and stays max so that can't be it either

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
It's a lot less things running at once
I can't unfortunately
I did a post about the exact same thing couple of days ago
I doubled my crafting cpu and removed as much stuff I don't need as possible

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk