AE2 P2P Tunnel -- Missing Channel?

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I have a few machines I've been hooking into my ME system, and I ran out of channels, so I turned to the ever-useful P2P Tunnel. Before I put it in, there were two buses that were past that branch of my cables, but when I put it in-line before those buses, the P2P Tunnel says it's missing its channel.

This doesn't make sense to me, as it should take only one channel and it's replacing two devices. Anyone know why this might be happening?

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Oh, I think I may have figured it out...can you not nest tunnels? I'm putting it in a branch that's being fed by another tunnel, and I didn't even consider that might be the problem.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Actually, I don't think it's even an issue of nesting. The two sets of tunnels are set up in a Y, with one end of one set being past the leg of the Y. I'll experiment some in a creative world and see what configurations work and what do not.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Ah, read through some more threads after messing with it on my own and was directed to the AE2 wiki, and it does indeed look like you cannot nest P2P Tunnels:

"However with the great flex-ability they give you comes a limitation, the channel of a p2p tunnel cannot be carried by another p2p tunnel, meaning that you cannot nest them recursively."

That's what happened in my base.

I guess I'll have to just rewire some things to make it all work in parallel rather than serial.