AE2 Ore Dictionary bug?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed that when auto crafting, for instance, solar panels, my system isn't recognizing that it can make iron nuggets, even though I have all the materials and every single pattern I need. (I checked.) I don't see how I can provide screenshots, but I will if you say what to do

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You probably teached the solar panel recipe with Thermal Foundation nuggets when the nugget recipe makes Tinkers' Construct nuggets or the other way around.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
But the problem arises when the iron nugget recipe gives TF nuggets and the solar panel recipe needs TiCon...
(not saying this is the problem, it's just an example.)

Sent from my Thingy using a Thingy.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Put your solar panel pattern back in the terminal and replace the iron nuggets with the one you are getting.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
The lesson here is don't trust shift-clicking the question mark to work for crafting patterns because it can have a version of an item you don't have or don't want to use.

There is no bug, though. It's all working as intended. AE2 just doesn't use ore dictionary for crafting recipes because there is a good chance someone would want to use a specific item like regular slimeball over blue slimeball for something that requires any slimeball.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Can fuzzy cards be placed in to me interfaces? Might fix your "bug" if they can.
Actually... can interfaces take cards at all? I forget.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The lesson here is don't trust shift-clicking the question mark to work for crafting patterns because it can have a version of an item you don't have or don't want to use.

There is no bug, though. It's all working as intended. AE2 just doesn't use ore dictionary for crafting recipes because there is a good chance someone would want to use a specific item like regular slimeball over blue slimeball for something that requires any slimeball.

Although its way too free with using ore dictionay equivalent items when mass crafting (shift click) directly from the crafting terminal. I would far prefer it if there was some way to make normal crafting have the same restrictions. Its consumed some very expensive item variants on me in the past.

Last edited: