Ae2 noob need help

polipo329

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, I play modded minecraft since 1.4.7 but I refuse to use Ae2 because I always felt that the mod does not fit in the minecraft world. But now i wanna try it.
I have a basic system with a me drive with 2 4k storage cell, energy acceptor, energy cell and a crafting terminal.
Now when i try to attach to the system more than 6 jabba barrels the system shuts down :/ I use normal me cables and storage bus.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Do you have a ME Controller? Also the ME Fluix cables can only transfer 8 channels. To have more than 8 channels avaible you'll need a ME Controller and Dense Cables.

polipo329

Jul 29, 2019
oh no controller, ok i will try to craft one and some dense cables. So if i wanna connect like 100-120+ barrels to the me system it's ok with just 1 controller and dense cables?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I don't think so. Dense cables can only transfer 32 channels, each controller face is able to provide only 32 channels, also dense cables are pretty expensive. But, if you put 2 controllers next tl eachother they will create a multiblock, that means that everything will be on the same network but you'll have more channels. You can put up to 7 in a row, but you can put 6 more from the ones that don't have connected textures, after you have all the posible controllers in one network you should have a 7x7x7 cubic frame pf controllers. Anyway as you have more AE2 machines your ME system will use more power,

polipo329

Jul 29, 2019
Oh i got it, i will try to play a little bit in creative to understand better the mod, ty you sir!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
AE2 cabling gets messy for your first time, you will doubt the claims of people saying it makes storage compact. Once you get the hang of it you can make it super compact with P2P tunnels. They essentially let you sends a bunch of channels down one channel of a sub network.
Makes it so you don't waste quartz on dense cable. As you can send 32 channels by whacking the P2P on the side of the controller sending those down a regular fluix cable. So long as you power the sub network, most use quarts fiber to take power from their main network.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk