AE2 making new IC2 Cutter every time!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm playing FTB Sky Adventures, and I just set up AE2 autocrafting with molecular assemblers. I now have hundreds of Cutters that have all been used once! Any idea how I fix this?

I have a workaround - export the damaged cutters into an Energy Condenser and convert them back into iron plates.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Could you not just use the Metal Former? I have always had several of those before reaching AE stage.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Oh, is that bug still around? Yea, this one has been around since AE2 started. Basically, because it checks NBT data in recipes, it will only use brand new cutters because damaged cutters have a different value to them. One reason why I use RS, really.

What I typically do to solve this is to run batches at a time instead of individual runs of circuit chips. It means doing it manually, but it also means not having tons of slightly damaged cutters in your AE Network. You don't even have to process them into actual chipsets, just run a batch of, say, a hundred at a time through your cutter.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Alternatively, you can set up the crafting recipe as a process performed in an auto-crafter from some other mod. Don't include the cutter in the recipe, instead set it up so that auto-crafter is kept stocked with a cutter.