AE2 Import/Export Bus Issue

Wraith

Jul 29, 2019
I've built a rather complex ME network, with large P2P capability and have run into an issue where I seem to have encountered a hard limit to the number of import / export buses that I'm able to use. Once I reach the limit (seem to be approx. 100) all my buses stop working, clogging up the system.

I'm curious if anyone else has encountered this and if they have found a work around.

Alternatively, I'm considering building a duplicate network to drive my ore processing automation, but I'm not sure how I would get my items from one network to the other. Advice would be appreciated on how others have solved this.

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, i've never had a network that large before.

1 Method is to put an export bus(s) into an interface of the processing network and export all the ores into that network using it to process back and either export from the processing network back to the main network or use a import bus from the main network.

2nd methoid which i use for processing is using interfaces into ender IO sags and smelters. You can configure the IO's to pull from an attached interface and using the top rows of the interface tell it to keep ores stocked into the interface in which it the Sag mill will pull out of and pulverize. Do the same with alloy smelters for the pulverized ores to keep the interface stocked for it to pull out of and no need for import/exports for so much. 1 Interface can do i think 9 ores. Then just have the alloy/sag mill push its result back into the interface so it gos right back into the network.
I have a bank of 4 alloys and 4 sags doing all my processing and uses only 8 channels.

Example:
Iron Ore from my quarry goes into my AE network. 1 of my interfaces has an iron ore in the top most slot telling it to keep the iron ore in the interface. The attached sag mill pulls out from the interface and crushes the ore. Sag mill then pushes the resulting pulverized iron ore back to the interface (and since the pulv'ed iron isn't told to be kept in the interface, its auto pushed back into my network in which a seperate interface that says to keep the pulv'ed ore stocked pulls it back out and the attached Alloy Smelter will pull out the ore and smelt it. The ingot is then pushed back into the same interface which goes right back into my network ready to use ingot.
Whole thing fits in a 2x2x3 block (not the connecting cable) which i have just hidden away. Interfaces are also told to pull out the dark steel balls to keep all the sag's full.

Sorry for wall of text.

Wraith

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, i've never had a network that large before.

2nd methoid which i use for processing is using interfaces into ender IO sags and smelters. You can configure the IO's to pull from an attached interface and using the top rows of the interface tell it to keep ores stocked into the interface in which it the Sag mill will pull out of and pulverize.

Great suggestions. I had tried to use interfaces in the past, but for some reason moved to buses (probably for simplicity sake) Channels aren't an issue for me, as I have a 7x7 ME Controller grid set to P2P so I have (I think) somewhere in the neighborhood of 2064 channels available in my rig (see screen shots below) but the bus issue has definitely thrown me for a loop...lol

Thanks again for the response.

upload_2015-4-15_16-53-2.png

upload_2015-4-15_16-53-20.png

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
I used to use export buses for TE machines (since they can't auto pull) but since switching to ender IO, interfaces were far simpler as i needed no item conduits for ore processing and fits into a nice "multi-block" structure of ore processing since you can push and pull into and out of the interfaces/machines.

Other way of doing it is completely taking it off the network by export bus ores into a chest and have the chest feed the machines thru item conduits and have an import chest for the ingots to import back into the network.

It would just start getting confusing with so many export busses on one network.