AE2 help

Supetorus

Jul 29, 2019
I am having trouble finishing my auto inscribing system. I have it set up in a way I believe is correct, but the import bus won't connect to the network.
2016_06_30_12_39_52.png

As you can see on the bottom left smart cable I only have 7 channels taken, so there should be room for one more. The export bus in the center of the screen on the bottom of the inscriber is getting it's channel, but the import bus on the right of the inscriber isn't getting a channel for some reason. If I take out the export bus it works but if it goes through the same cable as the export bus then the import bus doesn't get any.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
1. You have 2 extra cable.
2. Check the cable closest to the controller from that line. It might truly have 8 channels on it.

Supetorus

Jul 29, 2019
Oh you're right, something was taking a channel that I didn't realize was. I'm not very experienced with ae2 and channels so I couldn't figure out where it was coming from but a double check found it. An anchor fixed the problem. Now hopefully I can make it work in my survival world, where I was originally having the problem.

Supetorus

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and by the way the extra 2 cable were from testing, they didn't have any affect on the problem.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
More than likely, your cable is touching something like you coprocessor/crafting memory which takes a channel. I sugesst this because I had a similar issue the other day, and a see your crafting computer in the ground, because a dense cable was touching the crafting memory/processors. Even though they were directly connected to the ME controleer, it decided to take a channel from that cable. Make sure that line is either directly into dense cable or directly to a ME controller. Your issue is definitely showing a missing channel.