I've watched part 1 of DireWolf's mod spotlight.Well, putting that last paragraph behind me, what are your thoughts?
I'm using AE1 at the moment and absolutely love this mod so far, so was very interested in the preview of AE2
Things I like:
- I like the flat monitors
- I like being able to grow crystals, that looks like an interesting idea
- I like the ability to put things onto the cables to turn things on and off
- Inability to craft engineering presses for CPU crafting, personally I am not too sure about having to rely on what is essentially good luck to be able to get all the designs for the CPU's which are integral to the workings of this mod.
- Asteroids, not keen on this concept, if the material the asteroids consists of is needed to craft AE items, then I would just make this another type of ore / rock that players will need to go dig up. In a single player world or a server with only a few players.. once everyone has their engineering presses, all of the other asteroids generated in all chunks going forward could almost be considered simply 'trash fodder'.
- The whole thing with 'channels' confuses me, to me this looks like introducing a
level of complexity for the sake of complexity, unless there are issues with ME cables
that I am ignorant of (are new cables more server friendly?)
- Multiblock structure for the ME controllers? With a large ME network it looks like we will
need a big pile of ME controllers in one place.. or will we need to have something like a
subnetwork with their own ME controllers? More info would be nice.
- Enhancement to P2P, ability to transport RF power would be lovely
- Some mechanism to be able to see the P2P connections to and from a given block
- An ability to upgrade ME Interface blocks to have more recipes programmed into them
- An ability to have an export bus keep a number of items in a container (ie, keep 20 of
item 'x' in this container), same way as a logistics supplier pipe can
- Make the engineering presses craft-able, but make them require a serious investment in resources as they are a very powerful item.
- How about adding a durability to the engineering presses? Once crafted the engineering press is good for say.. 20 imprints before it needs replacing?