Ae2 Crafting Monitor. What is the purpose?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
I

identity001

So after about a week of fiddling with Ae2 I have finally mastered its basics. I have two seperate crafting CPU setups and am working on a third.

I was looking for a way to monitor these CPU's at a single point and noticed there was a nice little block called the "Crafting Monitor". I built one thinking "oh hey i'll slap this right next to my crafting panel". It did not connect. After researching further, and it probably should have been obvious but, it needs to be built into the actual crafting CPU multi-structure.

I do not understand this. You can just click on any crafting CPU unit in a multi-structure and see what it is crafting. As well as cancel jobs. The Crafting Monitor does not show you anything you can't see without it. Furthermore, it is inconvenient to have to have it built into the structure.

What is it that I am missing because at this point, from what I can tell, it is quite literally an absolutely pointless block that serves no purpose at all. Plus I would like to monitor what my system is crafting close to my panel without having to go to the multi-block CPU unit. Can this not be done with Ae2?

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to offend you or give you ill-advice, but with AE1, you would put it onto a ME Cable connected to the network, so long as that crafting monitor is connected to the network. I have never used AE2, so I may be giving crappy advice, but let me know if this works or not, I'm sorry, I will attempt to research it for you.

EDIT: I just looked it up and it shows in the picture it is literally inside the multiblock as you said, so what I am possibly thinking is that that is what it is, so you don't have to right click on the multiblock to see, which is actually pretty stupid imo. Perhaps there is something I am missing out on, but maybe if you insert the crafting monitor into the multiblock like it says and then check the terminal, it may show additional information? let me keep looking around.

I've been looking, and watching some videos but I haven't seen anything different than what you already know. Apologies.

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I think what you are looking for you already have. In either the normal terminal or the crafting terminal click the hammer icon in the upper right. That will take you to the crafting status GUI. There you can monitor the carting jobs of all of your CPU multi-blocks.

But as for the block... I sort of agree with you.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
I think what you are looking for you already have. In either the normal terminal or the crafting terminal click the hammer icon in the upper right. That will take you to the crafting status GUI. There you can monitor the carting jobs of all of your CPU multi-blocks.

But as for the block... I sort of agree with you.

Oh, I didn't see that, thanks for that, I was kind of confused how there was no way to check. Good to know!

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
You can just click on any crafting CPU unit in a multi-structure and see what it is crafting.
I think the purpose of the crafting monitor is to display the item currently being crafted in the CPU, without having to open a GUI.