Problem AE2 autocrafting stalls with every ingredient "stored"

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nathaniel1997

Mar 12, 2020
I have a large AE2 network with most things auto-craftable, but for some reason some things just refuse to craft. The IC2 Energy Storage upgrade for example. I check the crafting cpu, every single component is available in the system, and marked as "stored", but it just stalls on the final craft. Why is it doing that? Also, why does it craft a new battery every time I attempt it, even though I already have at least 20 batteries in storage? No, items are not stuck, yes I have plenty of channels.

Last edited:

Nathaniel1997

Mar 12, 2020
I discovered something that may be relevant. I am also using NEI, and there is a button to move items to the crafting grid to craft something, so I used it to move all items for the lapotron crystal (which also refuses to craft), and all the required items moved to the crafting grid, EXCEPT the energy crystal, even though I had nearly 20 of those. I moved it manually, and was able to craft the lapotron just fine. So for some reason both NEI and AE2 are presumably not moving things into the crafting grid properly.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
Yes, the energy containing crap of Ic2 (battery, crystals) do not agree very well with the AE crafting system.
As workaround, you can use the crafting machine from thermal expansion (cyclic assembler I think). So you can come up with an AE interface sending the items to the assembler and let it perform the crafting, just as you do for, say, smelting. For me it works

Owl_Bear_Snacks

Apr 9, 2021
@Nathaniel1997 I just wanted to say thanks for this and I signed up just to say thank. I searched and searched but this was the only breadcrumb that helped. Yes! The pattern plus sign from JEI screws up the processing autocrafting for inscribers and processors. I put the items in one at a time as a processing pattern and _bam_ all the items arrived where they should be. I'm using XNet but that has nothing to do with anything. The problem was that the items weren't arriving at the AE2 interface because of the JEI + autocomplete thing.