AE2 and Lag

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All,

I'm finding my multilevel AE2 base a bit laggy.

I've got a LOT of P2P happening, storage busses...

I have 120 ME Drive units each filled with ME storage modules, for 1200 storage modules.
Got a heap of Deep Storage units going as well.

For some reason it's all a little laggy.

I am toying with the idea of geographically seperating AE2 Storage and AE2 Fabrication into seperate
areas far enough away from each other that they aren't being rendered/drawn etc. If I move away from my
base I go to about 60fps, inside my base it can drop to 12fps.

Does that sound like a good idea?

I might make each section about 50 chunks away from the other and have a widely distributed AE2 set of 'mini bases' across the MineCraft world.

Then.. BEES! But that's a different topic.

-Wuffle!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Are you using basic Fluix cable? Or covered/smart cables? The little light pulses of basic do add up. Personally I'd just move the fabrication away, because the fancy looking graphical rendering on the MAC's is hard on a system.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I am using the colours cable, but i have so much stuff going on as well.. i think i'll try moving things into separate areas.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I have removed ALL of the MAC's from my main base..FPS went right back to normal.

So it looks like the MAC's cause the lag in FPS in my setup, even on default textures, I had about 50 of them
in my machine room.

I'll try to get the Quantum ring going, then move the MAC's into a separate facility a long way away, and use
the Interface terminal to load in patterns.

-Wuffle!