AE Processing Question

Crownz04

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I have an automatic processing room built with Applied Energistics and Thermal Expansion and I'm running into an issue.

When I process Iron Ore in the pulverizers, there's a % chance of Zinc dust appearing. If I have multiple quarries going, that Zinc dust can hit a stack of 64 and stop the production of Iron ingots. I was wanting some help brainstorming a way to yank out that dust without disturbing my setup too much. (OCD sucks...)

Here's the setup:
2013-07-13_135546.png

Would a Router with Item/Machine upgrades be able to pull it off?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Change the primary and secondary outputs to orange on the pulverizer. The zinc should automatically smelt like the iron or any other ore and be imported into the storage system

Crownz04

Jul 29, 2019
They are orange. Blue on top and orange on the bottom. The thing is, with a ton or Iron Ore in my system, the dust can fill up on all slots, halting the process. Trying to figure how I can yank the zinc dust out from all the pulverizers without adding another output slot.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
That's a lot of quarries. Maybe you should switch to a faster smelting block than the powered furnaces.

Crownz04

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I might have to unless I want to babysit my processing...Still wonder if a machine liek the Router can just yank out Zinc Dust, or any machine for the matter...

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
to fix this all i did was split it all up and have import export on each machine so all dust was being put back into the system then tossed right away in to another machine this way there is no locking up just make sure the dust you get lots of have there own machine so things dont get backed up

Reactions: RedBoss

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
If you removed the coloured output, and attached import bus' to a grey side, as long as there aren't any output colours; orange, red, or yellow from memory; the import bus will be able to pull it out faster than the powered furnaces will export it automatically, so this should help with your situation.

kenken244

Jul 29, 2019
you could just send the zinc dust through the furnaces too. it's not really hurting anything. you could also use an automatic macerator, and not get any zinc out of it.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
you could just send the zinc dust through the furnaces too. it's not really hurting anything. you could also use an automatic macerator, and not get any zinc out of it.

The problem with running the zinc through the furnace too is that the furnace can't run the dusts in parallel, it needs to wait for one to run completely out before it then starts processing the next type, which causes a huge bottleneck in the system.

Crownz04

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly what I'm running into Adonis0...I'd do that Bevo but the back slots are the power lines. Redstone energy conduits power them from my main grid.

And I do like my Zinc dust. I'll give it a try without a colored output.

I had a corrupted chunk, or something that would drop my fps to 0, and sky rocket my tick up to 100%. So I'm in the process of trying to fix it.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just rotate all the Pulverizers 90 degrees and have the new exposed side (facing you in your pic) feed the zinc dust through BC pipes into a dedicated Furnace. It's low tech, cheap, looks symetrical, doesn't add 21 new buses to your setup... Top down view:

Code:
P P P P P P P
= = = F = = =

P46EY

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way would be to import (bus) from the pulverizers then export (bus) back into the furnaces... but obviously that would require an extra in/out slot on the machines. Sometimes OCD just has to be told to sit in a corner and behave for the sake of automation (trust me I know LoL)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Have you thought about maybe not running so many quarries at the same time? What are you doing with the resources?

Crownz04

Jul 29, 2019
Well, with the issue of no fps, I had to move my processing system anyway. Here's the new room:

2013-07-16_025046.png

I ended with just sucking out the Zinc dust from the pulverizers with a second import bus, and a dedicated furnance. I finally settled with the look in the picture after about an hour.

Thanks for the help guys, gave me lots of interesting ideas to deal with it.

Have you thought about maybe not running so many quarries at the same time? What are you doing with the resources?

I live by the philosophy "Go big or go home." :p

(I have the quarries off 90% of the time. I just ran into this issue when I ran them to restock.)

Reactions: RedBoss