AE - Is there a way to fill a chest with random items?

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make AE fill a chest with random items from the network?

For instance using Galacticraft, I want to fill a cargo rocket. I want to pull everything and anything from the network and have it put into the cargo loaders whenever there's room.

I tried every flavor of export bus available, and nothing seems to work unless I tell the export bus what to export, which isn't an option with the amount of stuff.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
You can use something to extract the disks out of the drive into an IO Port. Then have a storage bus on a chest for all the items to go into. How you want to automate the something is your call. I have no idea what would check to see if there's room in the system. The empty discs will auto-extract from the top/bottom of the IO Port. You could possible automate it with two disks switching places. Your build, your call. If you find something that works well, just post it up here.

Vicerious

Jul 29, 2019
What about setting up a Q-Network Bridge between the two locations? Then you would be able to connect your quarry outpost directly to your ME network without having to ship the items back as cargo.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
What about setting up a Q-Network Bridge between the two locations? Then you would be able to connect your quarry outpost directly to your ME network without having to ship the items back as cargo.
You're going to need a large power set up on the other side to allow it to run. Q-bridges were never really meant to do small operations such as a quarry. They're better off for having two separate bases that you want to link via storage. They're simply too expensive unless you're just going to plop down a ultimate solar next to it.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
If you can afford the blaze rods and an Ender Pearl for each one, Ender Chests make great quarry companions.