AE & Iron Tanks/Xycraft Tanks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to extract liquids from tanks (in the form of cells or buckets or something linke that) with ae, I think it only works via additional machines like the liquid transposer (or maybe stuff like deployer, turtles etc.)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried it with buses, didn't work. Did you mean with interfaces?[DOUBLEPOST=1374232536][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you want to extract liquids from tanks (in the form of cells or buckets or something linke that) with ae, I think it only works via additional machines like the liquid transposer (or maybe stuff like deployer, turtles etc.)
Oh. Well the work I put into this timer computercraft stuff whatever, worth it.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft tanks do not interface with item transport solutions in any way, I'm afraid.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
It was too good to be true =(. Oh well, liquid transposers and autarchic gates aren't that expensive.

Drkevlar

Jul 29, 2019
Xycraft Item IO will fill buckets and bottles, haven't tested any other containers.

Only problem is keeping a certain amount of empty containers in the input slot of the item IO because any automation will also fill the output slot with empty containers, stopping the filling process.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible to control the slots with different colored blocks or something, DW20 did that to automate water cells.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
The Liquicrafter in MFR is worth a look. I wanted to automate crafting of coolant cells and it basically makes it so you don't need a liquid container by replacing that with the liquid piped directly in.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
The Liquicrafter in MFR is worth a look. I wanted to automate crafting of coolant cells and it basically makes it so you don't need a liquid container by replacing that with the liquid piped directly in.
Saves a lot of tin, I use that ;)

Of course Greg will probably find this thread and then make it incompatible with the liquicrafter... And then make it take a new "Coolant injector" or something...

Anaerin

Jul 29, 2019
Only problem is keeping a certain amount of empty containers in the input slot of the item IO because any automation will also fill the output slot with empty containers, stopping the filling process.
Item I/Os will fill any fillable container (or drain the container, if placed in full). If you shift-click the Item I/O with a wrench, stick or empty hand (IIRC), you can switch it between white (Inventory, and default), Blue (Input) and Orange (Auto-eject Output) modes like TE machines. So with 2 Item I/O on one tank you can use one for the input slot and one for the output slot, ensuring you never "Fill" the output slot with empties.

Reactions: Drkevlar

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Saves a lot of tin, I use that ;)

Of course Greg will probably find this thread and then make it incompatible with the liquicrafter... And then make it take a new "Coolant injector" or something...

Tin cans/cells aren't anything I use to make coolant cells anyway. Capsules from beeswax are pretty close to free. Glass bottles are a close second being just slightly processed sand. But the liquicrafter saves me even that step.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Tin cans/cells aren't anything I use to make coolant cells anyway. Capsules from beeswax are pretty close to free. Glass bottles are a close second being just slightly processed sand. But the liquicrafter saves me even that step.
But then it takes 4 tin for one 10k coolant cell - when you start needing a bunch of 60k ones for superconductors, it really eats through tin.