AE 2 autocrafting 1 thing and then not able to craft more.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Defiancey

Jul 29, 2019
I made a larger crafting CPU, 3x3x3. Mainly cause it looks cool. My first task was to start up being able to auto craft processors. I followed a tutorial on youtube where they used steves factory manager. I can manage to get it to create 1 item, then it tells me there is no crafting cpu. Whats the deal?

Defiancey

Jul 29, 2019
I have 524288 for the storage and 12 co processors. Which is probably overkill. But I thought it looked cool. Anyways i managed to get it to work. It still can only craft 1 job at a time. Do you need to have multiple multiblock cpus to be able to craft more then 1 job at a time?

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, each multiblock can craft one job at a time. Crafting storage just allows you to assign bigger jobs while coprocessors allow the multiblock to process multiple items simultaneously within a single job.

For example, if you want to craft sticks from wood, you craft wood into planks and planks into sticks. Without a coprocessor, the crafting CPU will craft all the wood into planks before starting to craft the planks into sticks. With a coprocessor, the crafting CPU will be able to start crafting sticks as soon as planks are available, rather than having to craft all the planks before it can start crafting sticks (as long as you have planks and sticks assigned to separate molecular assemblers, of course).

However, if you're crafting wood into planks and you want to start a new crafting job to, say, craft logic processors, you will need a second multiblock. The first multiblock will continue to craft planks while the second will handle the processors.

If you lack the resources to make several big multiblocks, a good idea is to have one big one and a few smaller ones. Use the big one for your big jobs (e.g. max tier solar panels) and the smaller ones will still allow you to craft other jobs while you wait for the big job to finish.

Another thing you can do is, in certain cases where all the resources have already been placed in the machines and the machines will auto output back into your AE system, is cancel the job. For example, if you have an automated processor setup with SFM, as soon as you send the job and all the resources are transferred to your SFM system, the processors are going to craft even if you cancel the job, so you can cancel the job in order to free up the CPU and assign another job to it.

Last edited: