Advice on using NuclearCraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
I’m not looking for full tech support or anything like that. Just need to be pointed in the right direction.

I have a small Revelations server that I added NuclearCraft to. While I am enjoying the radiation mechanic, it isn’t to the point where I’d miss it. A couple of my players are complaining because they are still pretty early game, are nowhere near a nuclear waste biome, have not got any radioactive ores in their possession, but are having problems with radiation poisoning.

Is there a way I can disable the mechanic for the server, or even better if I could disable it just for them (probably a long-shot)?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Have you looked through the configs? They're pretty extensive. I'd be surprised if he didn't add one (or several) to manage radiation rules.

If you don't find what you're looking for, you can pop onto his Discord channel. Its very active.

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
I had a look through the configs first. I didn’t see anything about disabling the radiation, short of setting every ore, process and operation to zero rads.
There is an option in the mod options interface through the Minecraft client itself, but I don’t know if that would affect the server.

I did look at his video, though don’t recall server-specific settings. I’ll check again though, as I was busy whilst watching it first time.
If I don’t find anything then I’ll hit up the discord, thanks.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Not a way of directly removing it- but you could certainly nullify the effects.
Code:
    # Controls the rate at which radiation decreases in a chunk over time.
    D:radiation_decay_rate=0.001

# The lowest rate of player and chunk irradiation possible in Rads/t - amounts below this are ignored.
    D:radiation_lowest_rate=1.0E-15

Also have a look around the area with a Geiger counter- someone else might have dropped some radioactives in the area.

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
Managed to find it. A line buried way down the config file for the server.
Disabled the radiation effect in the world, so I can still keep the mod.

PillowyGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Did you ever find out what was around them making the Radiation? I'm on a server that has some but never was there before or didn't notice it. No where close to the nuclear waste biome, a few biomes between me and one, I'm in a Canyon, 'Red Rock' from Traverse mod. One chunk I get 5 uRads/t is a little off putting...

Otisons

May 24, 2021
Atlanta, GA
writemypaperbro.com
First I looked through the configs. I have not seen anything about turning off the radiation, other than setting all ores, processes and operations to zero.
The Minecraft client itself has an option in the mod's options interface, but I don't know if this will affect the server.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
The minecraft client mod options menu should have all the same options as the config, as it just automatically updates the config file. So it should be in there as well.