Advanced pump`s sucking statics

Leo Sainio

Jul 29, 2019
I`ve seached all over the wikis, forums, random websites and have not find any information about advanced pump`s sucking rates per tick. Could anyone tell me `cause i`m making a energy station in to the nether fed by lava and would like to know how many thermal generators/magmatic engines i need to get most out of my advanced pump. Thank you.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Simply, look at the Eu/t
If I remember correctly, the advanced pump takes in 128 eu/t
therefore, you need a minimum of 5 thermal generators to generate 150eu/t and satisfy that requirement.

I believe the max speed cannot exceed 1 operation per tick, as is with any machine or mechanism in minecraft (Might be wrong, but I haven't found something that does more per tick) so that's 20 buckets per second.

The advanced part of the advanced pump is it prevents flowing liquid, so if you drain an ocean with it, you'll end up with a huge flat wall of water blocks, instead of a mass of flowing blocks. Or with the lava, the lava lakes will actually be emptied instead of being a mass of flowing blocks.

Reactions: Leo Sainio

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Having used these before, I can say for certainty that you can power an advanced pump from a single thermal generator. The 128eu/t is just the packet size it can accept. You don't need to give it that much per tick and it won't use that much per tick. Two thermal generators and one advanced pump is enough power to pump lava fast enough to keep a full stack of thermal generators constantly full. The only potential downside to the advanced pump is needing pipe to work. However given how effectively it drains an area (leaving no flowing lava), the pipe is easy to retrieve and reuse. In short, advanced pumps are amazing. Don't bother placing a BC pump ever again. Just make an advanced pump out of it instead.

Reactions: Leo Sainio

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Having used these before, I can say for certainty that you can power an advanced pump from a single thermal generator. The 128eu/t is just the packet size it can accept. You don't need to give it that much per tick and it won't use that much per tick. Two thermal generators and one advanced pump is enough power to pump lava fast enough to keep a full stack of thermal generators constantly full. The only potential downside to the advanced pump is needing pipe to work. However given how effectively it drains an area (leaving no flowing lava), the pipe is easy to retrieve and reuse. In short, advanced pumps are amazing. Don't bother placing a BC pump ever again. Just make an advanced pump out of it instead.

Thank you for correcting my mistake, shall definitely look into using these P:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Can advanced pump send liquids into adjacent inventories without pipes or such to transport said liquids? Like how you can do with a hell pump and magmatic engine, just have a thermal generator plopped right next to the pump so it feeds the generator lava, and it runs, sending the excess to your home via tesseract or ender tank.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, I might just look into that thinger, then. If it saves lag and gives me good performance, I might switch to 'er.