Advanced Mod Compatibility Help

Bryanz

Jul 29, 2019
I always enjoyed the fact that the FTB modpacks are "open" so you can actually put whatever mod you want.
I added a few mods to make my minecraft experience more richer and industrial-y, but i have issues and questions about the actual compatibility of these mods with the other mods from the default pack.
I'm playing with the Unleashed Modpack, and so far i've activated these mods which were disabled by default:

Biomes O' Plenty
Death Timer
Enchanting plus
Nether Ores
Power Converters
Vending Block
Voxel Map
Xeno's Reliquiary

- Honestly, i dont know why these mods got disabled, anyone knows why? i mean, pearls like Biomes O' Plenty and Power Converters... why they got disabled? Incompatibility with some other mods or just glitches? -
Plus, i've added these mods to the actual modpacks.
But i think they're not working very good, because these mods add a lot of world generation related objects, and they almost -never- spawn in BOP biomes.

Gregtech - Teehee, i can't live without it, sorry.
EasyCrafting - Added because Gregtech broke some NEI and IC2 recipes.
Enhanced Portals - I like my nether portals like i like my girls, round and curvy.
Archimedes Ship - Building and driving oil tankers across the seas, that's all.
Flan's Mods - More vehicles.
Meteors Mod - I love things that destroy your own world after a while. *Solar Apocalypse was highly uncompatible with almost every mod in the pack, Meteors it's just a placeholder 'till SA gets a fix, that shit was awesome.*
Secret Rooms Mod - I love secret rooms, they make me feel safer, even if i'm playing in SSP.
Traincraft - Crude Oil found as -rare- ore and metros.
Plasmacraft - This is a big one, who got a lot of my own attention. Basically it adds caustic liquids which spawn naturally in the world (Acid, Netherflow etc..) and they do not spawn in certain biomes (almost every BOP one i guess) and very rarely in other vanilla-ish biomes. I never seen a caustic liquid spawn in the nether, so i think this is highly incompatible with a lot of biome-mods. Oh, it also breaks the retarded plutonium-uranium recipes for Gregtech, adding Uranium and Plutonium -caustic- ores which can be smelted for acid goop or macerated for plutonium dust and uranium one.
Gascraft - Another natural resource: Gas and a variety of new gas-related traps (neurotoxin. That shit clears villages very quickly. *giggle*)
Engineers Toolbox - The only -working- way to build a water dam in minecraft for producing energy with water.
Defense - Sandbags, barbed wire and deflectors.
QuarryPlus - HUUUGE upgrade for the quarries, lots and lots of stuff, this is needed as hell if you're going to play with Gregtech.
Chainz - Elevators, nuff said.

That's all.
So i'm asking, does anyone know any compatibility related issues with these mods?
So far i have encountered no one, mainly because new spawned things are -very- rare and unique.
But i fear that someday i will encounter a goddamn bug which will force me to remove one of these mods.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Not everyone wants biomes.
Buggy.
Not everyone likes enchanting where you chose.
Not everyone likes nether ores.
Power converters are boring and op.
Buggy.
Laggy.
Overpowered.

Bryanz

Jul 29, 2019
Not everyone wants biomes.
Buggy.
Not everyone likes enchanting where you chose.
Not everyone likes nether ores.
Power converters are boring and op.
Buggy.
Laggy.
Overpowered.

I updated the OP, took me a while, sorry.
Also, could you be more exhaustive with "buggy" mods?
I mean, what's the actual problem with them?

namae

Jul 29, 2019
I had some issues with GT and natura, I think they use same id for some items but thats it. I uninstalled natura though because was too lazy to fix it. Also I prefer rei minimap to voxel, since latter gave me some very nasty lag spikes and control screw in 1.4.7.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Well By buggy, this normally means there is a well documented bug that may have major effect I know in BoP the origin valley is so buggy no one should ever try setup anything, I know of 2 blocks that placed in origin valley & your client crashes, there could be a lot more, & on the server I play there are real issues with TC nodes & origin valley, but that said the issues with TC nodes are not origin valley only, just seems more noticeable.

Never bothered with death timer so have no idea.

Enchanting plus, agian one I would not really bother with & little too easy.

Nether ores are first glance seem like a great idea, so may times I have seen in chat "xxxxx was killed by pigmen, Oh no thats lapis" plus quarry does not work well in nether.

Power converters, yet one more that is a little too easy for my taste.

The Vending Blocks have a lot of issues & need to be setup by an experienced server OP.

Vox map, never liked it, even when its in a pack/server I use, I go remove the mob show, things just dont need to be that easy & while mining mine shafts show up any time you within 4 chunks!! I find it best to turn all that off too.

Reliquiary server admins hate this mod I have not used it so cant say, & never been on a server that had it, so..

GT I am not huge fan of, if its on a server I use it as needed, but its has never been or ever will be a must have mod for me, & using another mod to make it easy is a bit erm well you know, Greg does not want his mod used with some other mods & some authors are fine with that & dont want it used with theres either, thats why there is a GT pack that is balanced around Gregs idea of what a mod pack should be, thats about all I will say on that.

OH good god that list of mods, you use all them mods & what will you end up with, better yet just do it, then come back & report your findings, oh & dont forget to edit all the configs to balance each mod for use with every other mod you have listed, that would be a game in its self as in truth it could not really be done, one final note quarry+ & GT I would advise you to ask on the GT forums about that question.

Now I could have just said that most of these modes, will work as parts of other mod pack that they & the other mods in pack can be at least semi balanced against each other, but as a whole in one pack would be ridiculous, the ftb team do the balancing bit for you in most cases & so do the admins of what ever server you use, there is a reason for this, a balanced pack is often a richer experience.

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing it dosen't work because you have GT and Tinkerer's in the same mod pack. Greg put malicious code in so they can't work with eachother