Adjust Spawn with Forge Essentials?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

beingben

Jul 29, 2019
So, like the thread title says, I can set the spawn for the /spawn command but upon death you don't spawn on that block. Also is there a way inside essentials or with a secondary mod to disable bed spawns so that everyone spawns at server location upon death?

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Let me make sure I understood...

You want to force every single person on your server to always spawn at the spawn for that dimension?
Nether and end will spawn in the overworld, but all the other dimensions that are in the packs (mystcraft ages, and twilight forest) will spawn you at the spawn for that age.

But why would you want to disable the "spawn set" of beds? it would make people way less willing to explore the world and its wonders, or to build a base more than a couple hundreds blocks from spawn.

beingben

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but it will also keep people from being so nomadic, and have then interact with each other more...pushing towards towns and interaction between the players rather then the run out and live alone for ever and ever.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You could disable crafting of beds. But it's really a bad idea, you would probably just get people to build inside Mystcraft ages instead of competing for space in the Overworld.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Just a little tip, forcing people to interact with each other altho well intended, can end up REALLY bad.
My recommendation would be that, rather than forcing them to stay at spawn, give them the choice to, just incite them to be at spawn often, give them a reason to stay together but without forcing them.

That people have their own personal base away from spawn does not mean they'll never interact with others or that they can't also chose to play at spawn as well, by taking away that option, you're just gonna end up driving people away instead of forcing them to your will.