Adding/removing mods.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
First off let me say I am not actually using FTB, but my personal collection of mods looks an awful lot like Direwolf's. But that pack is starting to seem a bit stale, (not really but the temptation of new mods makes it impossible for me to continue playing) so I went ahead and downloaded monster, disabled a ton of stuff that doesnt suit my preferences and added a few things. Of course, Ive ran into a few problems and I dont want to get invested in a world thats going to end up corrupt or otherwise unplayable. So I would like to get some input from people who might have already tried the mods I want to add.

I am considering adding Hunger overhaul even though Im worried it will just become a tedious chore. But it needs another mod to compliment it so I can properly feed myself. Im pretty sure either Harvestcraft, Agriculture or Mariculture prevented me from being able to generate a new world. I grew tired of waiting for the game to load over and over so I never found out the culprit. I already have decided on adding Growthcraft but I dont think it will help much with the hunger issues. Id like some advice on this one. Is hunger overhaul worth it, is growthcraft full of bugs and which if any of those food mods should I give a second chance?

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ive also added Minechem. Theres only two pages of replies to the MCF thread which might mean theres no bugs which would astound me or it could just mean nobody cares.

Ive added Tropicraft, wanted to mess with it since 1.2.5 and Im not putting it off any longer. I know its been going through some major development though so I am expecting things to go wrong.

Galacticraft. I tried it a long time ago and my computer rejected it. Seems to work now but Ive only generated a world, I havent went to space or anything yet. Im skeptical about the mod because Ive heard about compatibility issues and ore dictionary nonsense. Seems the developer keeps himself at arms length from the usual tech mod crowd. I just hope the buildcraft fuel works in the rockets...?

Ive also added Minecraft comes Alive. A bit on the girly side of things, sure. But I dont mod my minecraft just to play with tubes, wires and pipes all the time. Just most of the time. In the past this mod has given me MAJOR issues like world corrupting kinds but its been completely re-written apparently and I havent had a problem with it. Yet.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Hunger overhaul, growthcraft and harvescraft should be in universal config since it's in MF2. So you shouden't worry about bugs. I didn't got any in 5-6 worlds of MF2. Oh and harvestcraft is totally worth it :)