Adding Mods

E

Elenjo

Hello there,

I just have a quick question about adding Mods to Mod Packs.

For FTB Infinity Evolved, i would adding something like Chickens or Hatchery , when i adding these mods to the Modpack, can my existing World be irreparable damaged from this?

I dont want my World to be damaged only from adding /testing mods.

Sorry for my bad english :D i m German

Reactions: ICountFrom0

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hello there,

I just have a quick question about adding Mods to Mod Packs.

For FTB Infinity Evolved, i would adding something like Chickens or Hatchery , when i adding these mods to the Modpack, can my existing World be irreparable damaged from this?

I dont want my World to be damaged only from adding /testing mods.

Sorry for my bad english :D i m German
Firstly, make sure you check the versions you try and use - Infinity Evolved is for 1.7.10, and the Hatchery mod is only available for 1.10 or higher, so make sure you don't do that!

Before you try adding any mods though, make sure you make a copy of the whole modpack, world files, player data and everything, and put that somewhere safe. That way, if your experiment goes wrong, you've got a backup to go back to. I don't know how severe it can be when it goes wrong, but irreparable damage may be a possibility.

So steps to take:
1) make a backup of everything
2) check mod versions before you add them
3) check mod dependencies and make sure you add any required libraries too
4) your English was fine, don't worry :)

E

Elenjo

thanks for the quick answer, but now i have one question more

Which folders do i need to copy and where i can find them?
Is it Enough when i copy the "Infinity Evolved" folder in the "FTB" folder?

And what do you mean by the 3rd point?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I think so, yes - just check that inside the Infinity Evolved folder there is a "Saves" folder.

For the third point: some mods require just that mod .jar file to be installed. Others have a separate mod that is also required. For example: Calculator, a mod used in Age of Engineering and other modpacks, also requires the SonarCore mod (a library mod). Likewise, for Thermal Expansion, you need both CoFH Core (which itself requires the Redstone Flux API and CoFH Lib) and Thermal Foundation. LibVulpes is required for Advanced Rocketry, Baubles is needed for all the necklaces and rings and stuff in Thaumcraft 4, and so on.

If you try and start a pack with an added mod that requires a library you don't have, it won't run, and it should tell you what you're missing, so its not usually an issue; you can check in advance by finding a mod on minecraft.curseforge.com, and looking up Dependencies under the Relations tab.

E

Elenjo

thanks you really helped me a lot :D

do i need to report this thread to be closed or is this automatically?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
thanks you really helped me a lot :D

do i need to report this thread to be closed or is this automatically?
I'd just leave it - generally its only bug threads that get closed once the bugs are fixed. Plus, if you have any further issues or questions down the line, it might be useful to have this thread open to add to!