adding mods to direwolf

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kitsune5273

Jul 29, 2019
im not sure where to ask this so

i read you can edit divine rpg , millenaire and mo creatures to work with the pack
can it be done for direwolf if so how do i do it
any help would be good
please and thank you

Danwatson

Jul 29, 2019
What you would need to do is find the folder containing all of your files for the modpack. Then, once there go into your minecraft folder and then into mods. Here, place the downloaded mods you have aquired. Once added, open the FTB Launcher and click 'Edit Mod Pack' (It's above all of the different packs). From here the mods will appear on the list that you added in your mods folder.

Hope this helps :D

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going to do that, it might also make sense to start using MagicLauncher or MultiMC to manage the modpack.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, because it'll let you clone existing worlds and saves and more easily track FTB just adding the extra things you want. Neither really makes the modpack building process that much easier (except for assembling the actual forgeified jar, which can be tricky) but it does make tracking existing FTB modpacks easier.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
How would that help Dave?

Not that I am Dave, but MultiMC will not automatically update your modpack, which would mean in this situation, losing all of your customized configurations. When you want to update to the latest version of the modpack you use as a base, or update a specific mod, you'll need to do it manually.

Besides that, I've found MultiMC to be much easier to use in general versus the FTB launcher, although the differences are mostly based upon my usage.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Not that I am Dave, but MultiMC will not automatically update your modpack, which would mean in this situation, losing all of your customized configurations. When you want to update to the latest version of the modpack you use as a base, or update a specific mod, you'll need to do it manually.

Besides that, I've found MultiMC to be much easier to use in general versus the FTB launcher, although the differences are mostly based upon my usage.

That said, I still cannot figure out how to get MultiMC to add freakin' NEI to a fresh build. I wish they would document that tool even a little bit.