Adding Mo' Creatures Internal Server Error

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

clayton wilson

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to add Mo' Creatures to my single player mindcrack ftb map, but everything I've tried results in an "shutting down internal server." I can't even get the map to load; it just freezes. I don't even see any errors in the console.

http://pastebin.com/FGueUsrx

I installed by selecting edit mod pack in the launcher, the adding GUI API to the jar mods, and adding then custom mob spawner and the main mod file into the regular mods section.

I tried deleting every file that has to do with minecraft and re-installing, but alas, it did not work

I have a mac, and my friend has been able to get it working without any troubles on his windows computer. I have the suspicion it has to do with the way Apple handles java.

Is there anything to do fix this?

clayton wilson

Jul 29, 2019
I tried adding -XX:permSize=128m to the java perimeters, but unfortunately, this just resulted in a crash instead of a "shutting down internal server."
However, I know have a crash report from the console, so hopefully that will be useful.

http://pastebin.com/98HtvepF

clayton wilson

Jul 29, 2019
I really hate to keep bumping this, but I really need some kind of answer. Does no one know the answer, or am I being ignored?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
-Sniped for size-
...adding GUI API to the jar mods....

You are adding it into the "Jar Mods" section.... Will not work. Try to add it into the "Core Mods" section, and it should work.

:) I kept trying and trying to get an error, no luck, it worked for me every time. So I re-read the OP. Facepalm. Makes sense why it did not work. No worries mistakes happen. If This fixes the problem for you, could you put solved in main post heading?

clayton wilson

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, well I have actually tried adding it to the core mods, but I may have forgot to isolate that particular variable. I'll give it another shot.

clayton wilson

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, that didn't work for some reason. This time though, I havn't got an internal server error. It went to a black screen after trying to load a world, hung for about a minute and then the console delivered a few errors.

http://pastebin.com/FsLVfM3S

I really appreciate the help though

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
That's odd, it seems to work with D20 pack just fine, but people have trouble installing it into Mindcrack for some reason.
I do recall 2 streamers in a sort of a dual-cast thing, they both followed the same steps but one on MC and the other in D20, D20 guy got it to work in no time, while the Mindcrack guy could not get it to work so they both decide it to leave it out.

I myself got it to work in the D20 pack the way Clayton described in the first post (GUI on Jar and custom spawner/ main mod on Mods.) and seem to have no problem.

clayton wilson

Jul 29, 2019
That's very interesting. I tried doing it with direwolf20, and while this time i was able to get into the world this time, everything locked up and I had to reboot again. Couldn't even control my cursor to get a look at the console. I know others have gotten mo creatures and mindcrack working, so I doubt it's something inherently wrong with mindcrack. In my case, I'm thinking more and more that it has to do with my being on a mac. I've seen people having problems somewhat similar to mine which they have attributed the mac's specific java situation. Unfortunately, non of the fixes they proposed have been working. Im stumped.

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
I've managed to get it to work with Direwolf20, however the console tells me the world has leaked, and after a short while I crash. I am also trying this on a mac and I have no idea why this is happening

Status
Not open for further replies.