Adding AE to Mindcrack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Train

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know I will have to reset my map for 1.6. While waiting for 1.6 I have no motivation to play FTB. I decided I want to add AE to my world so I can play around it before 1.6. Installing AE seems easy enough, if I understood it I just have to put it in the mods folder. But I was wondering how AE quartz you quarry in a ratio to an other ore so I can cheat in the amount of quartz I would have if I would have had AE from the beginning.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
The thing you have to worry about with quartz is that it will only show up in new world gen. Anything you've explored before will not have any quartz.

What we did to get around that without cheating in quartz was delete the twilight forest. No one on the server had a house in the twilight, so by deleting the twilight, a new twilight was created as soon as you go to it. And the new twilight has quartz. You'll get about a stack and half of quartz with every 64x64 quarry you run, so you'll have a rudimentary AE system running with just a single quarry and a full AE system after about 6 quarries. And no cheating in quartz is necessary.

Train

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the advise I will probably just cheat 1,5 stacks of quartz in per quarry I have made because I don't really care about the world anymore.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
You do know it will be ages before FTB, or mindcrack, even officially catches up to 1.6 right?

Train

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I do but I don't get the motivation to play when I know I have to reset to get the next update. I will stick to vanilla while waiting.