Adding a mod (mo' creatures)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

shanebassist

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been reading through the forums and playing a bit on the v4 direwolf20 pack, and I noticed people using mo' creatures with this pack. My first question is, is it fully compatible, unlike in 1.2.5 when the gates and things overwrote the mo' creature items? And secondly, I was wondering if anyone running the pack would mind sharing the config they are using for mo' creatures. (I am only running one other extra mod with this pack, and that is extrabees)

Feliseda

Jul 29, 2019
I currently use mo'creatures (and love it) and I haven't experienced any glitches or compatibility issues yet, I haven't changed the original config files.. I like it the way it comes, no issues with vanilla mobs being sparse, it's been nice having an extra challenge with different mobs to kill and run from lol.

shanebassist

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, I expected to at least have to change some Id's. I don't suppose you're also using extrabees? If not I can just double check just those 2 mods and it'll be a lot simpler than having to look through a whole Id dump.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
The only downside to mo creatures is because of the change in vanilla spawn rates, you will get lots and lots and lots of angry zombies (from thaumcraft). quite annoying. I ended up removing mo' creatures for that reason.. I enjoyed the rest of the pack immensely though.

Feliseda

Jul 29, 2019
The only downside to mo creatures is because of the change in vanilla spawn rates, you will get lots and lots and lots of angry zombies (from thaumcraft). quite annoying. I ended up removing mo' creatures for that reason.. I enjoyed the rest of the pack immensely though.
Really? I still hardly get any angry zombies.. wish I had more, but I don't like to mess with config files...lol

shanebassist

Jul 29, 2019
Adds extra bees of course :D lol
It adds a few new hives like the rock, water, and marble hive, and new branches of the bees' genetic tree. Basically it makes it so you can harvest things like iron and tin, along with many other normally nonrenewable resources, from different types of honeycombs. It also adds a few machines that make the bees' genetics more easily manipulable. Its in the mindcrack and FTB ultimate packs I believe, just not the direwolf20 pack.
EDIT: I probably should have included a quote.

Also, Do the GUI API and Custom mob spawner go in coremods, jarmods or just the mods folder?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
The gui api released for 1.4.5 was a jar mod. The one for 1.4.6 is a core mod. The original release for mo creatures in 1.4.6 didn't use the core mod version of it properly, so I had to use the 1.4.5 gui api (still worked for 1.4.6, but no menus). Mo creatures has probably fixed this already with an updated 1.4.6 version.

IRON Midge

Jul 29, 2019
I use Mo'creatures with the Magic world mod pack and the mindcrack mod pack and have not run into any conflicts or glitches yet. I did have to go into the global mod settings and set the option to change vanilla spawns to no, it is default yes. I initially was seeing nothing but hordes of zombies as Netmc stated but once I changed that one setting it cleared up.

Gabonney

Jul 29, 2019
hey im having a problem with adding the mo creatures to direwolf pack all the other prequisits are working i did it one by one im using custom mob spawners 1.11 and guiapi-0.15-1.4.5 all i get is a black screen im using mo creatures 4.5.1 is that the version that i should use ?

shanebassist

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I'd update this thread because I just found this
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...empts-mocreaturesextrabiomes-support-updated/
I'm installing it now, but once installed it should fix virtually every issue anyone who doesn't play with mo' creatures would have.
I can make it so dragonflies only spawn in swamps, polar bears in tundra and lions in jungles. Not to mention it can directly influence the spawning of angry zombies.