Request Add AE2Stuff to Infinity?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
AE2Stuff: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/225194-ae2-stuff

This mod is a must have for me after playing Resonate Rise with it. It's very lightweight, and only adds 3 blocks. Assuming you also update BDlib, it works flawlessly in FTB Infinity based in my testing.

It allows you to make an automated Inscriber setup without having it look like a giant ugly spiderweb. My processor setup is literally just a single line of 6 EnderIO item conduits, 5 inscribers, and a chest. It also makes it so you don't have to keep dropping seeds into a block of water, you simply put them in a machine that is connected to AE2 power.

Basically, it fixes the most annoying problems (in my opinion) with AE2.

• Crystal Growth Chamber
    • Allows pure crystals to grow without dropping them into water
    • Can also form Fluix Crystals
    • Crystal seeds, and materials for Fluix crystals can be piped from any side
    • Finished results can be extracted from any side
    • Consumes 100 AE/t when active, will automatically switch off
    • Crystals will fully grow within 600 ticks (~30 seconds)
    • Accepts up to 3 speed upgrades
  • Advanced Inscriber
    • Has smarter sidedness than the normal version – thinks can be inserted and pulled out from all sides
    • Items can stack in input/output slots
    • Supports up to 5 speed upgrades

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
It allows you to make an automated Inscriber setup without having it look like a giant ugly spiderweb. My processor setup is literally just a single line of 6 EnderIO item conduits, 5 inscribers, and a chest.

My inscriber setup is the same, without this mod...

Also pack makers ignore these suggestions and this will be locked soon

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
My inscriber setup is the same, without this mod...

How? That's literally impossible as the default inscriber only allows certain things to be inserted and taken out from specific sides. You would need a minimum of 2 things to insert/extract a single item from each. Feel free to screen shot because frankly I don't believe you.

Going from memory, the easiest setup without this mod would require at least 2 connections on 3 of the inscribers, and 3 connections on the other 2. How is that the same as having a total of 5 item conduits, in a single line, doing everything?

Also pack makers ignore these suggestions and this will be locked soon

Like this one? http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/extracells2-mod-for-infinity.103889/

If the pack makers ignore these suggestions then don't put a "request" tag on the forums.

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
If the pack makers ignore these suggestions then don't put a "request" tag. Pretty basic.

That would be a Xenforo update that did it, not the pack devs. I don't think they even have access to the server the forums are hosted on, meaning they couldn't add it if they wanted to. And yeah, Scott is right, the pack devs often don't take suggestions for mods.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
That would be a Xenforo update that did it, not the pack devs. I don't think they even have access to the server the forums are hosted on, meaning they couldn't add it if they wanted to. And yeah, Scott is right, the pack devs often don't take suggestions for mods.

If there is no suggestion sub-forum then there is no proper way to make suggestions about any FTB pack without getting the thread locked? I mean if the mods want to lock this thread than go ahead. Until they get that tag fixed, threads like these are going to appear and I wasn't aware the pack makers looked down on suggestions so much.

I guess this is why I stopped using FTB, everything between Ultimate and Infinity missed the mark entirely for me while TPPI and RR were actively taking feedback and making excellent packs. Infinity is the first pack I felt I'd enjoy, after adding Mekanism and AE2Stuff.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
If there is no suggestion sub-forum then there is no proper way to make suggestions about any FTB pack without getting the thread locked? I mean if the mods want to lock this thread than go ahead. Until they get that tag fixed, threads like these are going to appear and I wasn't aware the pack makers looked down on suggestions so much.

I guess this is why I stopped using FTB, everything between Ultimate and Infinity missed the mark entirely for me while TPPI and RR were actively taking feedback and making excellent packs. Infinity is the first pack I felt I'd enjoy, after adding Mekanism and AE2Stuff.

There's no rule against suggestion threads, the pack makers just do not have the time to keep up with every single suggestion people make for all of the packs.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
How? That's literally impossible as the default inscriber only allows certain things to be inserted and taken out from specific sides. You would need a minimum of 2 things to insert/extract a single item from each. Feel free to screen shot because frankly I don't believe you.

Going from memory, the easiest setup without this mod would require at least 2 connections on 3 of the inscribers, and 3 connections on the other 2. How is that the same as having a total of 5 item conduits, in a single line, doing everything?

If the pack makers ignore these suggestions then don't put a "request" tag on the forums.

I have a line of inscribers with pipes in the bottom, back and top all hidden by covers recessed in a wall, hardly a "giant ugly spiderweb"...

The request tag is not to make make suggestions, it's to request something from the community... The pack creators do not have time, nor care about your opinion.

If you want a mod add it yourself.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
I have a line of inscribers with pipes in the bottom, back and top all hidden by covers recessed in a wall, hardly a "giant ugly spiderweb"...

The request tag is not to make make suggestions, it's to request something from the community... The pack creators do not have time, nor care about your opinion.

If you want a mod add it yourself.

K, but that's no where near the same like you claimed. You have a more complex setup, and you are just covering that ugly spiderweb. With this mod you just set 5 inscribers up in a line, put a line of ender IO pipes under them and you are done. Ask yourself, how is that the same as your setup? It's not.

Are you also making all your pure quartz and fluid crystals without dropping them into water? Real annoying, especially when you have a Botania magnetization ring. The growth chamber also allows for much easier automation of said process.

I've already added the mod without issues, but that doesn't mean that it's not a headache to have every person on my server manually get that mod, and every time Infinity updates it's another headache for everyone. Hence, the request to see if there's more demand for this mod.

The pack creators do not have time, nor care about your opinion.

Stop being a jerk, my request doesn't harm you in anyway. You are being very hostile over something that doesn't effect you in anyway, shape, or form. You must have better things to do than troll a thread on the internet.

Last edited:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I would say pack creators have no time for dumb suggestions.
Not that this is a dumb suggestion.

I think there's room for taking and making suggestions. If a pack maker ignores all suggestions they are pretty foolish in my opinion.
AE stuff fixes a lot of annoying aspects of AE2, of course im not sure I care for how the crystal chamber obsolites the clever crystal growth setups but some folks don't have the patience to set up something so trivial.
However I do like the advanced inscriber, as your setups remain pretty much the same only they become better for manual jobs.
Just wish they'd add a Dense interface with double the amount of slots for items and patterns.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tyrindor

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
In a lot of servers there is a plugin called clear lag which makes growing pure crystals almost impossible to automate as the clear lag plugin actually removes the crystals before then finish growing making it very annoying to get calc processors and pure fluix for controllers :/ sorry for bad grammar tired :)

Reactions: Azzanine and skruis

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
I usually just use the ender io conduits for the entire inscriber process. Just have the main interface with the patterns on the chest and have it import only the finished products. Chest gets the gold/p. cert/diamon, a silicon and a redstone and the conduits will send the stuff where it needs to go and return the finished product.

As for the crystals, pretty much if your trying to grow them without having 4 Crystal growth accelerators, your doing it wrong, esp so on a server with "clear lag". With 4 it only takes a minute or 2 to fully pure. While the Chamber is nice (i do like it on as2) its up to the authors and such to include it into default packs.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I usually just use the ender io conduits for the entire inscriber process. Just have the main interface with the patterns on the chest and have it import only the finished products. Chest gets the gold/p. cert/diamon, a silicon and a redstone and the conduits will send the stuff where it needs to go and return the finished product.

As for the crystals, pretty much if your trying to grow them without having 4 Crystal growth accelerators, your doing it wrong, esp so on a server with "clear lag". With 4 it only takes a minute or 2 to fully pure. While the Chamber is nice (i do like it on as2) its up to the authors and such to include it into default packs.
Some servers ham fist it by making the item clear every minute. also the timer is on an interval just say you autocraft 64 crystals a mere 5 seconds from the clearing session. No matter how fast your acceleration is. You can still lose the items. Those plugins don't see the difference between an item that's been sitting a while and one that has just been dropped.

That being said, I know for sure that item clear plugins worth their salt have a clearing blacklist. The seeds and their results can be added to it so they don't get deleted.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Type1Ninja