Actually Additions Farmer Seed overflow

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
Has the behavior of the AA Farmer been changed at some point? The last time I played around with it in the DW20 modpack, I pretty quickly learned that seeds would end up overflowing to the right side of the farmer, and eventually clog it up if I didn't extract everything (I had a filter originally to only extract the canola, and I learned that automated extraction didn't empty the seed side). After I learned that, I was extracting everything in the output side, and fairly quickly, had a decent overflow of seeds in an upgraded void drawer.

Fast forward to today where I'm messing with it again, and it seems the behavior has changed. It seems like they're just voiding all the overflow of seeds or something. I thought it was odd that with four greenhouse glass and worm 'infused' 9x9 canola farms, I was getting ZERO seeds pulled out. So I did a few tests. First, I removed two stacks of seeds and let it go to see how fast they filled back up. Those two stacks replenished 'fairly quickly', indicating that there were a decent amount of excess seeds being generated when mature plants were harvested. I then turned off the extraction so the six output slots just filled up. I ended up with six stacks of canola. Not a single seed. So it would seem these excess seeds are going SOMEWHERE, just not into the output side to be extracted.

I did some google searching, and didn't come up with anything relevant or useful. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Last edited:
C

Citron

Hi there,
MC version and AA version please? According to the changelog (https://github.com/Ellpeck/ActuallyAdditions/blob/master/update/changelog.md), the Farmer got some changes recently.

EDIT :
https://github.com/Ellpeck/ActuallyAdditions/issues/863
Found this.

EDIT2 :
Well I was thinking...
For my Carrot farm I used a Thermal Dynamics' Servo to extract everything. I don't remember if the seed slot got filled or if the servo extracts it too. You should test with any extract way (Ex2 transfer node, EnderIO conduit, TD servo, Vanilla Hopper) and see what happens.

Last edited:

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
It SEEMS like the issue reported in '863' is prior to my last playing with the farmer. It sounds like before that 'issue', it essentially voided the seeds once the seed storage was full, and the 'request' was to allow the overflow to end up in the output. When I was playing with it before, the seeds overflowed into the output. Now, they apparently are voided. I'm I'm running the DW20 2.2.0 modpack with the AA version 1.12.2-r137. And here's no GUI to customize what happens with the excess seeds.