Closed Achievement book + JEI

blockingHD

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Achievement book + JEI

Pack Version 3.0.0

What is the bug? When clicking arrows in the Achievement book it can open crafting info from JEI.

Mod & Version JEI
Simple Achievements

Link to log file

Is it repeatable?

Known Fix Switch to NEI ItemPanel

D

DrakusorU

a better fix for me, disabled Not Enough Items :).. In 1.10.2 Not Enough Items always caused issues for me, I dont know why the pack uses not enough items ( maybe there is a reason, I dont know what is ), for me Just Enough Items + Just Enough Buttons ( which is not needed with FTB Utilities ) was as good the Not Enough Items from the older versions when it didnt need Just Enough Items to work..

Edit: Never mind, it does it again but not as frequently as before, just in some cases

Last edited:

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, I've been aware of this issue for well over a month now and the Simple Achievements mod dev even knows about it. He chose not to do anything about it. So I'm either going to remove the mod and replace it or find another option.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Yup, I've been aware of this issue for well over a month now and the Simple Achievements mod dev even knows about it. He chose not to do anything about it. So I'm either going to remove the mod and replace it or find another option.

I would like to see the pack use either HQM or BQM instead of the Achievements mod.

AndyGuest

Jul 29, 2019
Going in to the Controls option and reconfiguring JEI to use a different key (I used F12) for back/previous page seemed to fix this for me. The achievements book works fine for me now.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see the pack use either HQM or BQM instead of the Achievements mod.

Please for the love of god, don't use HQM, it destroys server performance, causes frequent and intentional server crashes and has questionable/malicious code.
I have heard better things regarding BQM but haven't tested it in a server environment yet.

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
I have no intention of switching to HQM (in 1.10.2 it's buggy, even the current maintainer asked me not to use it). BQ works well, but this modpack is not a questing pack. It's meant to be open-ended and allow you to do whatever you want at your own pace. Adding a questing system would defeat the entire purpose and philosophy.

Also, Union, I have some updates coming up that should help your servers out a bit.

Reactions: UnionCraft

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I have no intention of switching to HQM (in 1.10.2 it's buggy, even the current maintainer asked me not to use it). BQ works well, but this modpack is not a questing pack. It's meant to be open-ended and allow you to do whatever you want at your own pace. Adding a questing system would defeat the entire purpose and philosophy.

Also, Union, I have some updates coming up that should help your servers out a bit.

I only mentioned this as an option especially if the mod dev is not going to fix it. You can still go at your own pace even with questing book though.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019

Such a relief and I couldn't agree more, there are tons of quest based modpacks, SF as you say has always been open ended with the achievements as more of a guide than anything else.
And great news on the update, were just pushing the 2.5.6 update through now (now I have xmas out of the way, which was chaos with my grandaughters first xmas!)

Good news on the achievements fix!