Accidentally killed server, now won't start back up

B

BrobReborn

Hey guys, so I have an FTB Infinity Evolved server that I made for myself and a few friends to play on. We've been playing the crap out of it the last 2 weeks and everything has been fine, however I have made a mistake and now the server will not start. I am running the server on a dedicated machine with ubuntu, and I accidentally CTRL + Z'd while in the console by habit, and it subsequently killed the server in it's tracks. I have not been able to get it back up since the incident, and I have no idea what to do.

Server log (two parts because of length):
1: https://pastebin.com/6Kcxsz6n
2: https://pastebin.com/knVZaxFX

Thanks in advance anyone, I appreciate it!

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
1 - revert to a backup of your world

2 - start using screens

B

BrobReborn

1 - revert to a backup of your world

2 - start using screens
1. Back ups threw same error
2. I do use screen, as I said I accidentally Ctrl + Z'd rather than Ctrl + A + D'd

Thank you for the unhelpful comment, but I figured it out. Had to completely reinstall the pack and just replace the world with the old one.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Thank you for the unhelpful comment, but I figured it out.

How was this unhelpful?

I suggested to use backups - because if you closed it off while running it is equal to a crash and you most likely corrupted the world save.

There was nothing in your original post that suggested that you where using screens, therefor that was my suggestion to do so.

If you had provided information after trying the backup - something like - "I tried the backup, and it still fails - here are are some new logs" - the next step would have been to re-install the pack.

Instead you make a shitty comment about me being unhelpful - I spend free time to give you a answer and point you in a direction.

There is no way to know exactly what every little problem is - when repairing/doing debugging, trying steps in order is the way to go - without you giving information it's hard.