Abyssal Stone Madness

TheDJParadox

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I've been trying to place Abyssal Stone around in the world, mainly as Fitted Abyssal Stone. The problem of this is, that, 50% of the time the blocks either disappear or are replaced with fire. Has anyone got any ideas what is happening here, as I can't seem to understand it. I've done a bit of googling around and not found any answers. Answers would be appreciated, Thanks.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
It's still a bit weird though, things shouldn't launch if there is a block conflict, and even so, why would the block ID be at a vanilla value? just a tad odd.

Yeah, definitely weird. ID mismatch was the closest guess I could make. :/

Had something like this caused by an ID mismatch once:

hP7C9.jpg

TheDJParadox

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a possibility, I'm running an unleashed server with PowerConverters. Thing is, if it was an ID mismatch, the block wouldn't be placeable at all, right? The block still places correctly after a few attempts and stays there, it just either catches fire or disappears on the first couple of attempts. Sometimes it even works first time, if I'm lucky... It's definantly something strange, I'll do a bit more googling around and see if I can have any luck and find something.

MagusUnion

Jul 29, 2019
It's definitely an ID conflict error. If you've adjusted your config. files any, you may need to redownload a new batch of files so that they line up with whatever is set on the default. If your server admin changed any configs when they were attempting to fit different mods on a server, then they need to release a list of what was changed, and have you guys download a matching config. set for what's on the server (I guess uploading the server config. for the mods, and having people drop and replace what they have client side should help fix that)...

The block still places correctly after a few attempts and stays there, it just either catches fire or disappears on the first couple of attempts.

That's the server's way of trying to generate something on that slot ID that you placed, even if there is nothing registered server side for it. So the server is attempting to compensate for a 'lack of block' data...