About server plugins (what should i choose)

kaboose87

Jul 29, 2019
I am pretty new to server plugins, never really used any before, so i ask any of you that read this thread, what do you reccomend for use? I plan on creating my server on the Monster 1.0.8 when it gets pushed for Recommended.

What i want:

I want an easy to use grouping of players (Admin, and such) to be displayed on their nick.
I also want some kind of ingame mail (sending a question or info to the admins)
I want a spawn protection so non-admins can break any blocks.
I want something that can look up in chest and see who has taken out what item and placed in what item (admins only of course)
I want something that can detect if the server has crashed and can restart it
(I already have a backup-system)

What items should be banned/removed?

Is there anything else i should have/missing? Please feel free to recommend them to me

Last edited:

oppositeZERO

Jul 29, 2019
I can just mention what I use to do everything you've listed there:

1. bPermissions
2. Essentials - There's a few ticketing plugins about which might be more want you want though.
3. Grief Prevention
4. Prism
5. I use a custom script on a linux server, which runs a cron every 5 minutes with a logic statement that tests if the server is down, and if it is start it.

As for what items to ban, it depends on your Protection plugin and what it can't protect against, and also how much trust you have in your players. I have a lot of items unbanned which can bypass protection, but I have faith in my players knowing that if they do bypass protection I will be able to see it with Prism and Global MCBan them if so, this is usually a big enough deterrent for most.

Also a few other handy plugins I use,
Banitem - For banning Items
Clearlag - With custom clear lists so it doesn't clear valuables
MCBans - With Minimum Rep set on 10 - Use this if the server is open, and you will stop alot of people known for griefing etc getting on.
World Border - Especially useful with larger packs, chunk generation causes massive lag, so its best to pre fill all worlds.
Essentials Chat - Used in conjunction with bPermissions to get nice looking ranks in chat.
Essentials Spawn - Pretty Self explanatory.
World Edit - Defiantly handy for building and can be used to get rid of ticking entities causing server crashes.

I also have a few plugins for donator packages, such as deathchest.

kaboose87

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, will tru them out and get to know them before i open my server, i want the experience to be as smooth as it can be, for the players sake.

If any one have any tips/tricks to run a server, i would be happy if you share it, since im a noob when it comes to the diffrent plugins.

Thanks alot!

Pantong

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, will tru them out and get to know them before i open my server, i want the experience to be as smooth as it can be, for the players sake.

If any one have any tips/tricks to run a server, i would be happy if you share it, since im a noob when it comes to the diffrent plugins.

Thanks alot!
make heavy use of garbage collection jvm args. They can save you alot of ram, my server can hit about 3gb with about 14 people on with only 1 restart a day(we also have a memory leak). it is a life saver.

Other than that, mysql help with storeing data, i lead to plugins that have that feature