About IC2.cfg

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Birhibile

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, I found these lines while wandering around in config files to find out why IC2 has no sound.

Code:
# Enable generation of copper in the world
    B:enableWorldGenOreCopper=false

# Enable generation of tin in the world
    B:enableWorldGenOreTin=false
I know there's other mods that have these ores but I'm just not sure if this is a mistake or not.

And I also found my IC2 sounds disabled after updating the mod pack. I searched the forum and I couldn't find someone else who had the same problem. Am I the only one who had that issue?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
The world gen thing is on purpose. The FTB team has set the configs so COFH(Thermal Expansions core mod) is what generates all copper, tin, lead, etc. The sounds, I have no idea.

Reactions: Padfoote

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, I found these lines while wandering around in config files to find out why IC2 has no sound.

Code:
# Enable generation of copper in the world
    B:enableWorldGenOreCopper=false

# Enable generation of tin in the world
    B:enableWorldGenOreTin=false
I know there's other mods that have these ores but I'm just not sure if this is a mistake or not.

And I also found my IC2 sounds disabled after updating the mod pack. I searched the forum and I couldn't find someone else who had the same problem. Am I the only one who had that issue?
The ore gen is disabled on each mod because COFH allows customisation of gen rules (levels, frequency, cluster size, etc.), allowing the devs to balance materials a little easier.

For sounds, there was an issue a while back, where they'd cause extreme slow-down, and there seems to be some manner of consensus that they can be annoying.

Birhibile

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's because if they didn't disable copper and tin world gen in all the mods, then cobblestone would become rarer than diamonds.
I'm not sure about that because it depends on generetion settings(Cluster size, cluster per chunk etc.).

And about slow down, I don't know. They never did something like that to me. I mean a while ago sounds were enabled, then disabled and now enabled again. And I see no difference. But anyways I just wanted to ask. That's all. Thanks for answers.

MrJims

Jul 29, 2019
I remember when they disabled the sounds, I think it was because they where to loud for headphone users, I could be wrong though.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
They disabled IC2 sounds because they were causing massive console spam and slowdowns and were generally buggy (even when you had MC's sounds turned off). The sounds seem to be fixed in IC2EXP but they are also.... not aesthetically pleasing to some people. The generators especially can drone a bit. Plus MC, although it has gotten better, is somewhat terrible with sounds and can get bogged down with them.

As others said most mods have their ore generation disabled because the FTB team uses COFH to generate them, it is much easier to modify one config to tweak ore than to mess with 3-6 different mods. Plus it has options for controlling what spawns where, how many veins and how big they are and so makes for easy tweaking. DoublePlus it means you only have 1 copper ore, 1 silver, etc as opposed to 3-6 different types.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's because if they didn't disable copper and tin world gen in all the mods, then cobblestone would become rarer than diamonds.
That would actually be interesting. A world where you have tons of everything, but you are still searching for cobble.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
you could hope to find a natural cobble gen somewhere. Or a loot chest with iron/bucket in it. Or populate a village to the point where it starts to spawn golems and farm them for iron. Or use whatever mod adds wooden buckets.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
you could hope to find a natural cobble gen somewhere. Or a loot chest with iron/bucket in it. Or populate a village to the point where it starts to spawn golems and farm them for iron. Or use whatever mod adds wooden buckets.
Or clay buckets