A way to transfer a multiplayer world to singleplayer?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
I want to use a multiplayer world that was played by a group of mine as a singleplayer world. They moved on while I was still in the middle of building my base, so I'd like to be able to play the world on singleplayer and continue building my base on twitch. The issue is that the files are unfamiliar to me, I was expecting a WORLD folder to simply move over, but was greatly mistaken. Thanks for any help

-General_Metrac

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I want to use a multiplayer world that was played by a group of mine as a singleplayer world. They moved on while I was still in the middle of building my base, so I'd like to be able to play the world on singleplayer and continue building my base on twitch. The issue is that the files are unfamiliar to me, I was expecting a WORLD folder to simply move over, but was greatly mistaken. Thanks for any help

-General_Metrac

This can be frustrating indeed, you will just need to look into questionable folders until you find the DIM* folders (DIM stand for dimension). Move the folder containing them over to your saves and you should see them in your single player game. Beware that your computer may have a hard time loading and/or running the worlds depending on how large and complex the worlds were.

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
This can be frustrating indeed, you will just need to look into questionable folders until you find the DIM* folders (DIM stand for dimension). Move the folder containing them over to your saves and you should see them in your single player game. Beware that your computer may have a hard time loading and/or running the worlds depending on how large and complex the worlds were.

I have actually found the DIM files for all the worlds. Now when I move them over, they will all go into the SAVES file? also in doing so, wont each of these act as a different world, or will they all be one whole? Also, not worried about my PC, it is rather beefy and I plan to remove some of the spare mystcraft worlds. My home base was in a void world anyways.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I have actually found the DIM files for all the worlds. Now when I move them over, they will all go into the SAVES file? also in doing so, wont each of these act as a different world, or will they all be one whole? Also, not worried about my PC, it is rather beefy and I plan to remove some of the spare mystcraft worlds. My home base was in a void world anyways.

Yes and then for the second question no as long if all DIMs are within the same folder, it should act just as it were running a server (in fact SSP runs a internal server in the background).

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
Yes and then for the second question no as long if all DIMs are within the same folder, it should act just as it were running a server (in fact SSP runs a internal server in the background).

Ok moved the files to the appropriate folders, however a world has not been formed for me to click on in the singleplayer options page, any idea?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Ok moved the files to the appropriate folders, however a world has not been formed for me to click on in the singleplayer options page, any idea?
How are you getting the World folder? You got FTP acces on the Server your friends are still playing? First of I would always pause the server before copy the world.
Then as @Harvest88 told you. You have to search for the folder that contains the DIMs.
Now you have to copy this whole folder not only the DIM´s.
Standard name for this folder is "World" but who ever created the world at the beginning just changed it name to whatever. So copy it as it is and paste it into your Save folder.
Also be sure that you have all the mods active that are on the server and not more then on the server.

If you join a Server with more mods active then on the server nothing will happen it will only ignore the leftover ones. But if you join the world in SSP it will not ignore them and can crash your world.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

-General_Metrac

There is, in fact, a "world" folder. By default, on a server, it is even actually called "world". Assuming a vanilla, or relatively vanilla server, you can find the name of the savegame by examining the server.properties file. You know you have the right folder when there is a level.dat file in the root.

Simply copy the entire folder into your SSP "saves" folder.
You can verify its correct by ensuring that, after the copy, you can find a level.dat file on the following path (Assuming the savegame folder was called 'world', and ~ is your operating systems per user app data folder)

~/.minecraft/saves/world/level.dat

Ben_

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, if you copy the server's world folder into your FTB directory's saves folder, now you have an extra world there which is the multiplayer world.