A way to find all chunk loaders on the server?

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to track down and view all chunk loaders on the server? Say someone left behind a chunk loader somewhere that is keeping chunks loading for no reason, is there any way to track down where all chunk loaders on the server are?

Thanks.

Haruchai

Jul 29, 2019
yes, you can use the following command: /chunkloaders

That will open a window allowing you to see all the loaded chunks (the window may open behind your game window). There's a dimension tab where you can switch to the Nether, End, Twilight Forest, or wherever.

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
yes, you can use the following command: /chunkloaders

That will open a window allowing you to see all the loaded chunks (the window may open behind your game window). There's a dimension tab where you can switch to the Nether, End, Twilight Forest, or wherever.

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for!

Nice, Hmm no only if you could zoom out.. Apon further inspection seems its already zoomed out pretty far so its perfect

Can you explain to me what im looking at here tho?

Like I guess each "Ticket" is each chunk loader? Are the yellow dots the area covered by the chunk loader? If so then whats the red area?

Thanks

zekesonxx

Jul 29, 2019
You are looking at a birds-eye view of the map. The yellow dots are what the player is actually seeing, and the red around them is the chunks loaded because of the player.

A ticket tells FML to keep the chunk(s) loaded. A ticket requires a playername alongside it, this is part of how ChickenChunks limits how many chunks can be loaded per player.

Red area without yellow dots in it somewhere are chunkloaders that aren't from a player existing. Because chunks (And Minecraft) are square, it's easy to tell.

mmorton89

Jul 29, 2019
Aperf has a command /forcedchunks or something like that. It lists all the tickets on the server and is pretty useful.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Red area without yellow dots in it somewhere are chunkloaders that aren't from a player existing. Because chunks (And Minecraft) are square, it's easy to tell.
So I'm using this is SSP and I tracked down the loaders with yellow boxes but i have apretty big area of about 16-20 chunks that are red with no yellow. I have never built here and its loaded. Forgive my noobness on this but does anyone know the cause?

Tzian

Jul 29, 2019
while looking at this there is an area (not the spawn) that is quite small at a friends base, its just red no yellow and he is bemused cos he doesn't have any chunk loaders at all, but its red even when he isn't logged in, i'm sorry but I am totally confused about when red can happen. just to recap

yellow dot = chunkloader
red = loaded area

if thats right how do you get a red area, with no yellow dot, that is loaded when no player online in that area?

thanks for any help

cdauber

Jul 29, 2019
I used this Command in my server, and it said i didnt have permission. But I used it from the server window on my computer, so i dont know what the problem is.

Townville

Jul 21, 2021
I used this Command in my server, and it said i didnt have permission. But I used it from the server window on my computer, so i dont know what the problem is.

What is the mod or plugin called?
I would like to use this in my server to.