A Warning Regarding Ultimate

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
'MindCrack is pretty much Ultimate'
yeah it's pretty short sighted to say this... considering the facts we know about ultimate so far (i.e. Gregtech disabled by default, it will have mystcraft) it seems that Direwolf v5 is actually closer to it than mindcrack will be.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever the case, the packs will be compatible, as far as IDs go, so all you would have to do is either use mystcraft or explore your world a little more.

No pack can be said "closer", as we have no definitive list on what will be used anyway, so this part of the discussion will not lead very far.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
What I meant with "Mindcrack is pretty much Ultimate for me" is that I don't care much for Ultimate if it's is very different. I'm not saying it's closer to Ultimate than any other pack, I'm saying I think Mindcrack is about as good as it gets and that Ultimate probably won't be much better. That's my opinion though, you don't have to agree (I know all you GT haters won't, you don't have to tell me that).

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with all the posts about mystcraft, but keep in mind that you need at least a fresh village to get symbols, and its been said that isn't the only way so who knows what else is being added.

As mentioned before you can breed villagers to get a villager of a random type, in fact you do not even need a village at all since you can convert the zombie villagers back to normal ones. So all you need to do is make a villager hotel and round up either 2 villagers or 2 zombie villagers to covert than you will have unlimited villagers of all types.

As for ultimate changing world gen just try and stick close to your base or area and do not explore too far as you can get all the new world gen by going to new chunks.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
As mentioned before you can breed villagers to get a villager of a random type, in fact you do not even need a village at all since you can convert the zombie villagers back to normal ones. So all you need to do is make a villager hotel and round up either 2 villagers or 2 zombie villagers to covert than you will have unlimited villagers of all types.

As for ultimate changing world gen just try and stick close to your base or area and do not explore too far as you can get all the new world gen by going to new chunks.
Yeah.

And worst case scenario, you can go into your region folder and delete all the unoccupied regions.
You just have to travel more than 512 squares to get new world gen.

Not to mention IF they decide to release Ultimate on 1.5.0, all the mods will need to be updated for support. That takes time. A 1.5-based Ultimate wouldn't be out for 3-4 weeks.

Are you willing to wait 3-4 weeks?

FYI Mojang AB is promising a "major feature" every 2 months.

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
What i'm waiting for is the technical pack. Then i can toss in my personal mod wants and be the happiest.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
It would be amusing if Ultimate was just all the mods. I would so get a laugh out of the Ultimate having the mine little pony by default and the rage that would induce is some of the folks around here.
Lol that would be awesome, please include ponies in the pack.

Reactions: Zmaster27

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
You guys are aware that Extrabiomes XL is getting a massive rewrite yes? that could also be holding things up. in fact i would say its a major reason.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Well, when I set textures to fast, neither a redwood forest or a superflat world full of leaves lags.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You wanna talk about soon? really you want to know what SOON means to the Shoop?

You can't handle the truth!!!!

Ok maybe you can. Put it this way I'm still waiting for Firestorm III: Aftershock to be release for Cyberpunk 2020.

Reactions: Confidential1207