a very good tinker's idea

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
maybe add a mana modifier where you use a mana tablet so it runs on mana. When the dura gets low, put it in a mana pool.

Last edited:

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Does extra tc add this if you use manasteel or something? I would think it would, but have never checked.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Does extra tc add this if you use manasteel or something? I would think it would, but have never checked.
yes Extra TiC does add botania parts, but as far as i can tell there is no way for them to be recharged by mana

Reactions: gold49

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Botania basically does this already with Timeless Ivy. You can apply it to tools that can be repaired on an anvil and make them repair with mana like regular manasteel or terrasteel items. Try to craft a TiC tool with the Ivy and 3 pieces of repair material for that tool. If it doesn't work Vazkii could potentially make it work like that or add it as a modifier so it will consume a modifier slot to make it balanced with the other "repair" modifiers.

The modifier should be Timeless Ivy because only the Terra Shatterer has its own internal Mana Tablet and even then you need a mana source in your inventory (Mana Tablet, Ring of Mana or Mana Mirror) for it to get repaired because the internal mana storage is only used for the activated ability.