A timber / treecutting mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendictive

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to ad a timber / treecutting mod to the mod packs when a tree is cut at the bottom its normal that entire tree keels over... really sick of banging on each block to get wood...

guess this is question for ftb administrators

BurningCake

Jul 29, 2019
They didn't add such a mod in because they felt it would be overpowered. Feel free to add it yourself though.

Daxamar

Nov 21, 2012
I thought it was unbalanced 'casue of Thaum3 would add the Axe of the Stream. Either way, its really easy to add it to FTB. Just download the latest 1.4.5 Treecapitator ( what I use) and drop it in the InstaMods folder.

Since Taum3 came out and there is NO stram of the Axe. Wonder why not added it now to the official FTB? Its not hard to add, theres no id block to finagle with and it has been asked for many. many times.

wendictive

Jul 29, 2019
but that wouldent work on multiplayer would it it needs to be o n the servers modpack aswell dosent it?... and im on 1.4.2

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
Download Treecapitator from here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...meinfo-crystalwing-startinginv-floatingruins/

This is what you're looking for:
orphs5.png
click on 'All Releases' then find and download:

2q393di.png
Open your FTB Launcher and click 'Edit Mod Pack' and add it to the coremods tab.

And you are right, this would only work in single player unless the server you're playing on also has it installed. If you host your own server, just install the same file to the server's mods. Treecapitator and most mods are now becoming universal instal of having separate client and server files.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

CoconutCurry

Jul 29, 2019
THANK YOU for putting up a how-to on this. Timber! doesn't work, and I downloaded the wrong Treecapitator twice before reading through this!

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
the config file for Treecapitator has bits where you can add item ids for more axes and trees to allow it to work for them aswell since ExtraBiomesXL adds quite alot of trees

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
sure, but people don't seem to get that if they don't like something they can just not use it. At least this one seems to have understood unstead of take 5 pages to try and impose his ideals on everyone else and then call us 'non-intellectuals' for not agreeing with him.
i was just saying what was on my mind and in my opinion the treecapitator just a tool that makes minecraft wood gathering a bit to easy...

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Treecapitator is also a bit different than EE. It's not something you can just "not use" if you're on a server. Also, Treecapitator, Timber, and other such mods have been covered as "Never going to happen." The pack devs feel it's a bit too powerful, while not adding anything particularly challenging to the game. It just makes the game easier for no real cost.

huldu

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah because Forestry isn't op in any way? Does exactly the same thing, only difference is that it's automatic. Then again people thought walking over crops would be overpowered if they didn't break, yet see what happened. I rest my case.

Reactions: Mero

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry tree farms, a BC filler placed in a forest, a mystcraft world with wood tendrils and a quarry, CC turtles with the right program, all of them easily done and all OP.
If somebody wants to use timber or any mod like it, it really isn't that much faster.

Sure you can use it from day 1 but really, how much wood do you actually need the first couple of nights?

I can have diamonds by the end of the first night, if not faster. I can easily have a filler by the second day. Spending the first couple of days gathering wood or not isn't a game changer.

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
Guys whether or not the mod pack team decide to included is not for discussion the op asked if it was going to be added and a couple of people provided a solution.

the op obviously like it and wanted to add it to their minecraft experience it doesn't really have bearing if it over powered or if another mod is over powered.

Thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.