A suggestion related to the influx of spambots

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Recently there has been a large influx of spambots on the forums, usually having a minimum of 5-10 posts a day in total from all spambots. I would like to suggest a decrease or outright removal of the "cooldown" on the report button. It tends to be annoying when reporting multiple spam threads at once, plus there does not really seem to be a reason for such a long cooldown.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
In the OP I accidentally left out something, maybe to restrict the filter cooldown decrease to higher ranked memeber? (e.g. New member gets 35 seconds, active 25, well known 20, forum addict 10, and overachiever+ no cooldown, or something similar?) Also, people that have been trusted with tags (Wiki team, trusted members, third party modpacks, staff, etc.) also have no cooldown?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of this aswell, it's quite annoying when a few spambots spammed but you need to take several minutes to report them all.
or perhaps if it's possible, there could be a "spambot" button in the report window that people can click, which would not need a cooldown and would simply send a report message saying "spambot"
to prevent abuse of the button, people can be temporarily banned or something alike if they abuse this button

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Could you not put links to every post in one report? That's what I do when there's lots of posts, that way the mods don't have to go through 10 different reports and mark them all as complete.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
In the OP I accidentally left out something, maybe to restrict the filter cooldown decrease to higher ranked memeber? (e.g. New member gets 35 seconds, active 25, well known 20, forum addict 10, and overachiever+ no cooldown, or something similar?) Also, people that have been trusted with tags (Wiki team, trusted members, third party modpacks, staff, etc.) also have no cooldown?
I agree with this idea.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Thought nana was commenting by now but he's probably occupied...

Note: to do something like this we need an add-on like this one (yay, it's free for once, and from Waindigo, who does amazing work in my opinion considering how many of his other add-ons I use on other sites...).

I'm sadfacing a little bit on the cobalt switch though because the incoming XenForo version (1.4, which entered beta this week) has some pretty amazing ways to weed out the spambots before they even get to the part where they can post. Hopefully those are some ideas the Curse team handling that dev can look into incorporating.

That said, the implementation we got for Spam Cleaner here has made wading through the reports faster/better. My only sadface on that is that I no longer get to send people my cutesy "Spambot nuked from orbit. Thanks for the report! =)" notice when dealing with them, but I can live with that. ;)

Reactions: Padfoote

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Thought nana was commenting by now but he's probably occupied...

Note: to do something like this we need an add-on like this one (yay, it's free for once, and from Waindigo, who does amazing work in my opinion considering how many of his other add-ons I use on other sites...).

I'm sadfacing a little bit on the cobalt switch though because the incoming XenForo version (1.4, which entered beta this week) has some pretty amazing ways to weed out the spambots before they even get to the part where they can post. Hopefully those are some ideas the Curse team handling that dev can look into incorporating.

That said, the implementation we got for Spam Cleaner here has made wading through the reports faster/better. My only sadface on that is that I no longer get to send people my cutesy "Spambot nuked from orbit. Thanks for the report! =)" notice when dealing with them, but I can live with that. ;)

I've been trying out Cobalt on the MCF... gawd it sucks ding dongs _[=]_O

Reactions: Padfoote